Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 94 of 1821 FirstFirst ... 448492939495961041441945941094 ... LastLast
    More than 900 posts after this thread has been started the rules have become a bit more lose. So What? I too post two pictures here regularly. I don't have time to post one every day, so I figure posting two at once every now and then is not a problem.

Up till Xailo's post, I don't think anybody has ever complained about that. It does have a certain advantage. A bit of flexibility makes sure that we only need only one thread with a collection of Nikon pictures (instead of one for every model). What is the point in having a thread collecting D40 pictures, or D200 pictures for that matter. We know already know either camera can take great pictures if the photographer is good.

True, people can post pictures of their own in threads they make for themselves, but to create your own personal photogallery is not what this forum is made for. If everybody started his own thread to dump his pictures it would become a mess. Threads in which advice or critique and criticism are asked will become lost in that mess.

Now back to the pictures. Here's my SECOND picture of the day. I took this picture in a reflex on the marketplace in Delft. Someone stirred up trouble and scared all the piggeons (yes, there is a parallel to this thread here):

Name:  scared-doves.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  174.6 KB
    Nikon D-50
    // Nikkor 70-300 f/4-5.6 VR // Nikkor 50 mm f/1.8
    // Sigma 17-70 f/2.8-4.5 ...// Nikon SB-600
    // Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6......// Nikon Series E 135 mm f/2.8
    // Kiron 105 f/2.8 Macro....// Manfrotto 190XPROB + 488RC4
    // Nikkor 35 f/1.8..........// Sigma 500 mm f/8

My website: http://www.dennisdolkens.nl

I really like that picture, Prospero. The guy in the mid/right of the image is a great capture, I love his reaction to the pigeons! You really have some wonderful buildings there, I am very jealous.

On a personal note.... well said!
    Jason

"A coward dies a thousand deaths, a soldier dies but once."-2Pac

A bunch of Nikon stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
    More than 900 posts after this thread has been started the rules have become a bit more lose. So What? I too post two pictures here regularly. I don't have time to post one every day, so I figure posting two at once every now and then is not a problem.

Up till Xailo's post, I don't think anybody has ever complained about that. It does have a certain advantage. A bit of flexibility makes sure that we only need only one thread with a collection of Nikon pictures (instead of one for every model). What is the point in having a thread collecting D40 pictures, or D200 pictures for that matter. We know already know either camera can take great pictures if the photographer is good.

True, people can post pictures of their own in threads they make for themselves, but to create your own personal photogallery is not what this forum is made for. If everybody started his own thread to dump his pictures it would become a mess. Threads in which advice or critique and criticism are asked will become lost in that mess.
    Prospero, I'm not complaining and I truely do not care what is done in this thread. What I am explicitly saying is I do not appreciate hypocrites. The short of it is my thread was attacked because it did not fit into some "clickish" sentiment as to what is and is not exceptable here and for no other reason.

Forget the fact that with nearly 3000 views it's apparent that there are some people who are interested in what it has to offer. I don't feel the need to toot my own horn and that was never my intent yet that nonsense keeps coming up... the "Some S3 Pics" and the "Some 30D Pics" threads throws every argument levied against me in the trash. But that doesn't matter because that's not what this is about here... what I'm dealing with here Is a biased clickish attitude that exudes "how dare I do anything that does not conform to the "clicks" self appointed code. Unfortuantely zealots comes to mind.
    I thought about who I am... and realized I was an
    unformed, unreconciled imagery, without "GOD"

NikonD?
    and some other Nikon stuff

0.0%

flower

straight out of the D80 no sharpening
    although i think it needs it

Quote Originally Posted by XaiLo View Post
    The short of it is my thread was attacked
    That was like a week ago. There was an argument over it, then everyone went their separate ways.

$hit happens. But, if you don't let it go, $hit stays. And it stinks.

Hello everyone, let me introduce myself. My name is Marlon and I'm a newbie to DSLR photography. I've been reading some of the threads on here for about 2 months now and how I got into DSLRs, I'm not exactly sure.

Anyways, please bare with me as I am am amateur to photography and DSLRs as well. I just purchased my NIKON D50 last week and I'm so happy I found a brand new one about 40 miles where I live. Almost all the Ritz Camera and Wolf stores were already sold out of them and was about to give up and save up for the D70s or even the D80 in the future.

I've read many good reviews in here about the D50 and with its price, made it my first choice. Today, I played with it around more and took some photos in AUTO, APERTURE AND SHUTTER mode. So I'm posting my first picture that I think came out pretty decent. Btw, I did a little bit of sharpening and lightening it up in PP.

Yay or Nay, please feel free to comment.

Thanks!

D50
    18-55
    40mm
    Aperture Priority
    1/30 sec
    F/5
    ISO 200
    D50
    D200
    N90s
    18-55mm
    50mm 1.8
    55-200 VR
    80-200 2.8 AF-S
    28-70 2.8 AF-S
    85mm 1.8
    10.5 Fisheye

flickr

Welcome to the forum, Marlon! You have yourself a fine camera that I know you will really enjoy!

If I may make one suggestion, Since you own a Nikon DSLR, give Nikon Capture NX a try, it has a free 30 day trial. Its a photo editing program made with Nikon NEF/RAW files in mind. I think you will find it very usefull.

Once again, welcome to the forums!
    Jason

"A coward dies a thousand deaths, a soldier dies but once."-2Pac

A bunch of Nikon stuff!

^^^Thanks jcon. I hope Capture NX won't be that pricey. I'll be posting more pics sooner or later.
    D50
    D200
    N90s
    18-55mm
    50mm 1.8
    55-200 VR
    80-200 2.8 AF-S
    28-70 2.8 AF-S
    85mm 1.8
    10.5 Fisheye

flickr

Quote Originally Posted by swgod98 View Post
    Robotech. One of the original veritech designs. Great show in it's time.
    maybe a little belated, but you're right on swgod98. It was one hell of a great show!!! love it even now!!
    Nikon D80
    Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 D-AF
    Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 APO DG Macro
    ML-L3, Hoya HMC UV (52mm), Sigma EX UV (58mm)

bad bokeh??

Sorry, had to post two shots for comparison...
    Can anybody tell me if this is bad bokeh?? And how do I correct it, if even possible??

first shot at f/10 1/200s at 110mm using sigma 70-300

second shot at f/10 1/200s at 220mm.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Nikon D80
    Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 D-AF
    Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 APO DG Macro
    ML-L3, Hoya HMC UV (52mm), Sigma EX UV (58mm)