Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 350 of 1821 FirstFirst ... 2503003403483493503513523604004508501350 ... LastLast
Results 3,491 to 3,500 of 18201
    Quote Originally Posted by hankbeblazin View Post
    i love the picture TDI. this isnt directed towards you TDI it just popped in my head. i have a question though. when is it photography, and when is it picture manipulation? i can understand lightening, cloning out a pole, adjusting colors, and so on. when people start manipulating wrinkles, bad backrounds, and totally changing someone's appearance does that constitute as photography?

does anyone else have a problem with this. i watched a video on youtube of a model shoot and then watched someone in photoshop totally distort how the model looked to make her pretty....
    I understand exactly how you feel, I'm the same. Though I'm considering myself a little older (graduated college in 92) I'm more of a traditional photographer, snap the best pic you can with all the experience you've accumulated.

The PP I sometime call cheating!!
    All the women's magazines directed at young girls telling them they should look like "this" is what really gets me.

I do appreciate some image manipulation though, this exersice was to see if I could actually do it as I've never "really" tried to liquify someone to look "better" then they allready are.

If you really want to see the power of liquify, go to youtube and type "photoshop magic" the video is of a voluptious women transformed into... well a "hotie" is nothing short of impressive.

thanks for all the feedback folks, glad I found this forum.

Now I just have to figure out how to do really good HDRs
    D300 18-200VR Sigma 10-20 SB-800

Quote Originally Posted by Rooz View Post
    excuse the sloppy cloning work on the tip of his wing at the top. i'm going to have to dedicate some time to improving my PP skills. not a bad picture, more of an experiment really. i like the way the lighing worked in this one. was trying to figure out if i could light just one part of the background and have the other half dark. not sure whats going on with the bokeh in this one though. looks a little funny and not really sure why. the front bottom right has a leaf in the foreground which was quite close so i kinda get that one. but the back middle left green bit looks wierd.

sbr1 off cam behind subject angled to left away from subject with softbox to highlight some green foliage but keep the right side distractions dark.
    sbr2 mounted, no diffuser directly at subject.
    Rooz - you took the pic - you may spot any so called 'flaws' in it
    I see an amazing shot!!
    Geoff Chandler. UK/England/Surrey
    NIKON D90 / D80. Nikon 16 - 85 VR, Tamron 28-200,
    Sigma 70-300APO, Tokina 100 AT-X Pro D.
    SB600 flash. Panasonic DMC-TZ25

http://geof777.multiply.com

Quote Originally Posted by herc182 View Post
    been meaning to post a shot for a while now.

This is two one shot with two WB. Used a cool WB for the sky and as shot for the lighting. combined them in photoshop.
    I love the way you did this photo and I feel inspired to dabble a bit also now
    Nice job
    Geoff Chandler. UK/England/Surrey
    NIKON D90 / D80. Nikon 16 - 85 VR, Tamron 28-200,
    Sigma 70-300APO, Tokina 100 AT-X Pro D.
    SB600 flash. Panasonic DMC-TZ25

http://geof777.multiply.com

First off great shots everyone, I haven't been around in quite a while. Thought I might post something from this past summer. Hopefully I can try and post some more images on a regular basis.

D50 70-300mm Nikkor VR
    F4.8
    1/1250
    122mm

Straight out of the camera, just cropped:

Phil
    Nikon D50
    Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 ED
    Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED-IF AF-S VR Zoom
    Nikkor 50mm F/1.8
    Nikon SB-600 (New for Xmas '08)
    LowePro Slingshot 200 Bag

Quote Originally Posted by herc182 View Post
    been meaning to post a shot for a while now.

This is two one shot with two WB. Used a cool WB for the sky and as shot for the lighting. combined them in photoshop.

Attachment 32334
    Nice. I have been experimenting with something like that a while ago, but then by blending the two pictures with different whitebalances and exposures with Photomatix instead of photoshop. That would have been High Whitebalance Range (HWR) photography, which would give warm shadows and cooler sky (or vice versa). The results weren't nearly as good, though.
    Nikon D-50
    // Nikkor 70-300 f/4-5.6 VR // Nikkor 50 mm f/1.8
    // Sigma 17-70 f/2.8-4.5 ...// Nikon SB-600
    // Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6......// Nikon Series E 135 mm f/2.8
    // Kiron 105 f/2.8 Macro....// Manfrotto 190XPROB + 488RC4
    // Nikkor 35 f/1.8..........// Sigma 500 mm f/8

My website: http://www.dennisdolkens.nl

Quote Originally Posted by TDI-Guy View Post

If you really want to see the power of liquify, go to youtube and type "photoshop magic" the video is of a voluptious women transformed into... well a "hotie" is nothing short of impressive.
    yeah this was the video i was talking about. this is the kind of thing that pisses me off. this is why teenagers are making themselves puke. every teen should watch this, hell every woman and then they might see whats really going on

what exactly did you do with the dodge and burn tool? i'm not very good with layers i just take pictures and slightly modify them for "pop"
    Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/artisticrichmond

Nikon D300 Nikon D40
    Nikon 18-55mm / Nikon 50mm F1.8D / Nikon Af 70-300mm F/4-5.6G / Nikon AF-S 80-200mm F/2.8 / Tamron Adaptall 70-210mm Macro

1 Smith Victor Strobe / 2-SB-800 / 1-SB-600

soon to get
    Nikon 14-24mm F/2.8
    Nikon 17-55mm F/2.8

couldn't of kept it simpler, I selected either the dodge or burn tool, set the flow pretty low and kept the range at default (midtones i think) and just basically "painted" around the areas that I wanted darker or lighter.

Heck I just made a copy of my original layer and worked right on it.
    One layer, two tools with low "power" and just went at it until I was satisfied.

Might of played with the levels but I can't even remember, If I did it was very little.

Give it a try, you could be pleasantly surprised
    D300 18-200VR Sigma 10-20 SB-800

Quote Originally Posted by hankbeblazin View Post
    i love the picture TDI. this isnt directed towards you TDI it just popped in my head. i have a question though. when is it photography, and when is it picture manipulation? i can understand lightening, cloning out a pole, adjusting colors, and so on. when people start manipulating wrinkles, bad backrounds, and totally changing someone's appearance does that constitute as photography?

does anyone else have a problem with this.
    You should start a new thread on this subject. It will make for a very interesting discussion.

i took your advice K1W1

sunset picture i took today sorry so big i tried the smaller version it wasnt very appealing
    Last edited by hankbeblazin; 01-11-2008 at 05:21 PM.
    Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/artisticrichmond

Nikon D300 Nikon D40
    Nikon 18-55mm / Nikon 50mm F1.8D / Nikon Af 70-300mm F/4-5.6G / Nikon AF-S 80-200mm F/2.8 / Tamron Adaptall 70-210mm Macro

1 Smith Victor Strobe / 2-SB-800 / 1-SB-600

soon to get
    Nikon 14-24mm F/2.8
    Nikon 17-55mm F/2.8

This was taken last month at Banff National Park in Canada.

It was cloudy and snowing that day. This is a HDR pic. Lots of snow everywhere. I used HDR thinking it might bring out more contrast. Comments are appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images