Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising
 
 
 
   
Page 333 of 1819 FirstFirst ... 2332833233313323333343353433834338331333 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,330 of 18188
  1. #3321
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    442
    Quote Originally Posted by ssil2000 View Post
    nice one, your shots really want to make me explore macro, i may just have to get some extension tubes and start with what i got...
    Sergio - save yourself some big-time $$ (for now) by spending just a few measly bucks on a reversing ring, and mount your 50 f/1.8 reversed in front of your 55-200 VR. At 200mm focal length on the VR, that will give you an astounding 4:1 magnification. And - bonus!... both those lenses are 52mm, so you won't even need a step-down/up adapter ring. The 52mm reversing ring will cost you a whopping $5 here. Since you already have those two lenses, that is the absolute cheapest way to see how you like macro photography.

    Warning: macro photography is a pretty amazing world once you dive in. You'll be taking pictures of all kinds of things you never even looked twice at before!
    Nikon D70 | 18-70 | 50/1.8 | 70-210
    Pentax Optio W20
    Film
    Nikon F100: 5 fps, weather-sealed, full frame 'sensor' and VR & AF-S compatibility

  2. #3322
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    310
    messing around today on my lunch break at work on my red bull, this is wat i came out with. CC welcome.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Flickr

    Sony a560 w/ B50AM Vertical Grip
    Sigma 300mm f/2.8 EX DG APO

  3. #3323
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    1,148
    As you can see Aldor, you just saved some time trying that out... Get a bean bag.

    Oh I got quite a laugh out of it myself. You could sell that as a stock photo... I am certain that there could be an advertisement around the idea of too much weight on the wrong foundation or something.
    Nikon D70s
    Nikkor 50mm 1.8D (If you don't have it you need it)
    Nikkor 18-200mm VR II
    SB-600
    Bogen/Manfrotto Tripods/Heads
    NAS (D300, Nikkor 80-200mm (or 70-200mm)f/2.8, Tamron 90mm Macro)

  4. #3324
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    6,926
    This is my most viewed photo out of some 900 photos on Flickr. Apart from having two teenage girls in the shot I can't figure out why.



    Camera: Nikon D50
    Exposure: 0.002 sec (1/500)
    Aperture: f/4.5
    Focal Length: 90 mm
    ISO Speed: 200
    55-200VR

  5. #3325
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    335
    Quote Originally Posted by K1W1 View Post
    This is my most viewed photo out of some 900 photos on Flickr. Apart from having two teenage girls in the shot I can't figure out why.



    Camera: Nikon D50
    Exposure: 0.002 sec (1/500)
    Aperture: f/4.5
    Focal Length: 90 mm
    ISO Speed: 200
    55-200VR
    unfortunately probably teen and pleated skirts...sad world haha
    Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/artisticrichmond

    Nikon D300 Nikon D40
    Nikon 18-55mm / Nikon 50mm F1.8D / Nikon Af 70-300mm F/4-5.6G / Nikon AF-S 80-200mm F/2.8 / Tamron Adaptall 70-210mm Macro

    1 Smith Victor Strobe / 2-SB-800 / 1-SB-600

    soon to get
    Nikon 14-24mm F/2.8
    Nikon 17-55mm F/2.8

  6. #3326
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    554
    iso100
    f5.6
    48mm
    1/320
    i had to crop a bit
    sundown at the beach and this building just caught my eye, the contrast against the sky made me take the picture... nothing special just like it
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Nikon D7000 - Nikkor AF-S 70-200vrII f2.8 | Nikkor AF-S 105vr f2.8 Micro | Nikkor AF-S 16-85 | Nikkor AF-D 35mm f2 |Tamron SP 90mm f/2.8 Di Macro | SB-700 | SB-600


    Website

  7. #3327
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    554
    Quote Originally Posted by cvicisso View Post
    Sergio - save yourself some big-time $$ (for now) by spending just a few measly bucks on a reversing ring, and mount your 50 f/1.8 reversed in front of your 55-200 VR. At 200mm focal length on the VR, that will give you an astounding 4:1 magnification. And - bonus!... both those lenses are 52mm, so you won't even need a step-down/up adapter ring. The 52mm reversing ring will cost you a whopping $5 here. Since you already have those two lenses, that is the absolute cheapest way to see how you like macro photography.

    Warning: macro photography is a pretty amazing world once you dive in. You'll be taking pictures of all kinds of things you never even looked twice at before!
    hey thanks for that! i will pick one up asap, is the quality reasonable with the reversed 50?

    cheers mate!

    Sergio
    Nikon D7000 - Nikkor AF-S 70-200vrII f2.8 | Nikkor AF-S 105vr f2.8 Micro | Nikkor AF-S 16-85 | Nikkor AF-D 35mm f2 |Tamron SP 90mm f/2.8 Di Macro | SB-700 | SB-600


    Website

  8. #3328
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    6,926
    You could try Ned at http://photobuff.com.au
    I can't see them on his site but he is very helpful and would be worth a call (his prices are fair).
    Other than that I guess ebay is the next option unless you want to pay camera retailer prices.

  9. #3329
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    554
    Quote Originally Posted by K1W1 View Post
    You could try Ned at http://photobuff.com.au
    I can't see them on his site but he is very helpful and would be worth a call (his prices are fair).
    Other than that I guess ebay is the next option unless you want to pay camera retailer prices.
    will do, i refuse to buy from local retailers, i went in the other day for curiosity sake and asked how much the d80 "body only" cost... when she replied "one thousand five hundred and ninety five dollars" i looked at her and said "how much?!?!?" she repeated and i asked if they wanted to buy mine for 1200 LOL they didn't seem so keen on that :P

    cant wait for some macro action!
    Nikon D7000 - Nikkor AF-S 70-200vrII f2.8 | Nikkor AF-S 105vr f2.8 Micro | Nikkor AF-S 16-85 | Nikkor AF-D 35mm f2 |Tamron SP 90mm f/2.8 Di Macro | SB-700 | SB-600


    Website

  10. #3330
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    324
    so i was lurking around the house and decided to see what this could do for me.



    i took the wrapper off and tried to use it as a diffuser.
    definitely isn't as harsh as usual.
    i actually think it was a good idea.
    this is a quick self photo i shot real quick with the flash straight forward.

    call me dylan.

    nikon d40
    nikon 18-55mm
    nikon 35mm f1.8
    nikon 50mm f1.8d
    sigma 17-35 f2.8-4
    nikon sb600
    sto-fen omnibounce
    promaster ttl cable

    flickr

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •