Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1485 of 1811 FirstFirst ... 48598513851435147514831484148514861487149515351585 ... LastLast
Results 14,841 to 14,850 of 18106
    I dont see anything wrong with the grain at all. The obvious improvement that can be made is reframe and ditch all that negative space at the top.

Welcome to the forum.
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

@ Saqib: How do you know the beetles are mating? They might just be playing the beetle equivalent of 'leapfrog'!

@AMDnut: Beautiful bokeh on that 70-300! I can see it becoming a firm favourite pretty quickly.

I recently took some publicity shots (under stage lighting) for the theatre group I belong to. It was interesting to see how they were used in the local paper (third photo, which is a screenshot).
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Nikon D7000 and a bunch of Nikon stuff oh, and some Canon p&s's too

Quote Originally Posted by Switchblade906 View Post
    Pretty good close up shot with a non macro lens.
    Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by AMDnut View Post
    S. Saqib Shams-II

I like the sign post shot although I might run it through Noiseware to remove a little of the grain. I currently am shooting only handheld as I have not purchased a good tripod yet. I pump up my ISO when needed for handheld.

Your D3000 seems to be doing pretty good though, very similar to my D40.
    Noiseware? ...uummm, I appologise for my ignorance but is this a photo editing tool? If it is, I might give it a try.. or it'd be nice if you could show me what it looks like afterwards..
    ..I have a Star 61 (by Hama) tripod, but I don't remember using it, I like the tripod but I can't be asked to carry it around. If you intend on buying one, may I suggest that you consider it?

here's a link to what I'm talking about:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&k...l_2i1cp6n0ag_b

And I agree, the D3000 is one impressive piece of equipment. It does a cracking job for the price. But I'm sure your D40 would be a far more capable device, esp. considering how popular and expensive it is.
    Last edited by S. Saqib Shams-II; 05-09-2011 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Me being a monkey while punching in words.

AMDnut:

Shot at 300mm? That's a very impressive lens you got mate! I bet it has Image Stabilization / Vibration Reduction. Please share more information about the lens. I'm very impressed here. It's a beautiful shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Roberts View Post
    Pretty decent for a non macro hey AMd. Hope you're loving it.

I like the signpost shot too except that I always hate grain. Doing a good job with what you've Saqib - a better way to learn than just throwing down dollars.
    Cheers boss!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    I also like the signpost and would not have thought about taking it.
    I would also try taking a long exposure as with the car lights you would get more of a sense of movement. Might be an idea to take a photo or two earlier as well when its slightly lighter ?
    Point taken. I'm certainly trying it the next time I go there.
    I noticed you're located in Cambrige. I am dying to come down to the Lake District to take some shots. Can you suggest me some nice places to stay please?

Quote Originally Posted by Rooz View Post
    I dont see anything wrong with the grain at all. The obvious improvement that can be made is reframe and ditch all that negative space at the top.

Welcome to the forum.
    Thank you very much Rooz.
    I am not sure about the reframing thing, as initially I wanted to do the same but then I realised I wanted the sign post exactly in the middle of the picture, because I believe it wouldn't have appeared as interesting otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Les View Post
    @ Saqib: How do you know the beetles are mating? They might just be playing the beetle equivalent of 'leapfrog'!
    LOL!! I came to the conclusion after observing them for a while and realizing neither of them were willing to leap or move away.
    By the way, I think your photos above look fabulous.

I think for a novice photographer (just like me) you are doing very well, but posting here will make you a much better photographer.