Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1251 of 1821 FirstFirst ... 251751115112011241124912501251125212531261130113511751 ... LastLast
Results 12,501 to 12,510 of 18201
    Nice shots everyone!

I can't wait to hit the water again!

Quote Originally Posted by Rooz View Post
    it isnt a large aperture lens so in low light it will struggle purely for that reason. that has nothing to do with the quality of the images the lens produces though.

remember we're talking relative terms here. its a $150 lens. i'm by no means saying that its as good as $1000 lens but for what it is, it's pretty damn impressive.

if you want a good low light lens think about the cheap 35mm f1.8DX. great lens in low light cos you can improve your shutter speed and lower you iso.
    Sorry, I guess I should have said the the lens blows for what I was trying to use it for. Yes, I will be picking up the 35mm DX F1.8G for $200 soon. I am hoping around X-mas time or a little after. I have yet to use the kit lens outside in the sunlight, so I am sure that it will do much better out there.

And yes, I live in quite a nice place. It is a "New York Style" loft apartment in downtown Milwaukee above Boston Store. This place is nice, and ain't to shabby for my first place.

Thanks for all of the info. Again, sorry that I ruffled everyones feathers by saying the kit lens stunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Myboostedgst View Post
    I went to the local skateboard park and tried shooting some photos. Since I had to have the shutter speed extremely fast, all my pictures turned out way to dark.
    Did you try exposing the shots correctly and panning along with the skaters?
    Lukas

Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by TheWengler View Post
    Did you try exposing the shots correctly and panning along with the skaters?
    Exposing as in? I tried adjusting everything I could think of from Exp compensation to apeture value to "Mode" Nothing seemed to work. Unless the shot was 1/2 sec or longer, even just a still shot would turn out dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Myboostedgst View Post
    Exposing as in? I tried adjusting everything I could think of from Exp compensation to apeture value to "Mode" Nothing seemed to work. Unless the shot was 1/2 sec or longer, even just a still shot would turn out dark.
    The point is, when you pan you can use a longer SS because you're moving with the action. Was the aperture wide open and the ISO cranked up?
    Lukas

Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by rallysman View Post
    Nice shots everyone!

I can't wait to hit the water again!

I hate you. We just got hammered with 18 inches of snow yesterday.
    Jason

"A coward dies a thousand deaths, a soldier dies but once."-2Pac

A bunch of Nikon stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by jcon View Post
    I hate you. We just got hammered with 18 inches of snow yesterday.
    Dont' hate too much. That's an old pic. We had 70mph wind gusts and 7 degree temperature (not including wind chill) yesterday evening/night lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWengler View Post
    The point is, when you pan you can use a longer SS because you're moving with the action. Was the aperture wide open and the ISO cranked up?
    I tried moving with the subject, but I didn't do so well with it. I will have to practice more when there is more light to get the hang of it.

Now that I think of it, I think I left the ISO on 100 the entire night.

Edit: Yup, just checked and it was at 100 . The aperture was wide open though.
    Last edited by Myboostedgst; 12-10-2009 at 05:43 PM.

I dont recall the technical term but there is a special focus option for panning that you could try, focus lock or tracking focus.. i dont recall, maybe someone else can help with it.
    Jason

"A coward dies a thousand deaths, a soldier dies but once."-2Pac

A bunch of Nikon stuff!

lucas' new camera.
    the lx3 was copping way too much of a beating so we've got a lumix TS-1. shockproof, waterproof...toddlerproof.

D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr