Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 615 of 1821 FirstFirst ... 11551556560561361461561661762566571511151615 ... LastLast
Results 6,141 to 6,150 of 18201
    nice pictures

Recent shots from my 50mm 1.8D.

Infinity

Thoughtlessness
    Nikon D700 | Nikon D90 | 14-24mm 2.8 | 24-70mm 2.8 | 35mm 1.8 | 50mm 1.4 | 85mm 1.4 | 105mm 2.8 Micro | 70-300mm VR | SB-800s | Tiffen UV Filter, ND and Polarizer set

"You see, Netherlands is this make-believe place where Peter Pan and Tinkerbell come from."
    Joey Tribbiani

Visit My Flickin' Flickr Shots | My Blog | My Porto-folio (requires Flash)

Quote Originally Posted by toriaj View Post
    Turo, I didn't even realize you were a DCRP'er when I commented on your shot

I got similar comments on flickr about parts of the photo being underexposed. But IMO both our pictures benefit from the contrast in lighting.

And with a shot like THAT, you're still wishing for Wyoming scenery ??? lol
    I recognized your name right away since you use the same screenname on both .

I agree about the exposure, I think both of our shots look better (to me anyways) with the mixed exposures like they are.

And I would still love to take some shots of Wyoming scenery! We don't have any 'natural' beauty like that around here! Except the beach, but that's about it.

An entertaining carnival shot.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    flickr
    nikon d40 | nikkor 55-200mm vr | nikkor 18-55mm | nikkor 70-300mm vr | SB 400 | My Flickr Animal Portraits Group! Join if you enjoy animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Turo View Post
    Nice one, LGBChris! I love the colors! I love that shot, accord2003. I love the texture of the water where the sun is being reflected!
    Thanks Turo. I love the beaches you have in Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by LBGChris View Post
    Awesome beach shot accord. Can't wait to get some like that myself.
    Thanks LBGChris. I can't wait. I am sure your beach will be awesome too.

Quote Originally Posted by kjmdrumz3 View Post
    Just picked up a couple of flashes and Ebay triggers. Haven't had much time to play but here I am!
    Very nice Kjmdrumz3. You are a quick learner !!

Quote Originally Posted by toriaj View Post
    This is in Sinks Canyon State Park, just outside of Lander, Wyoming.
    I used my polarizer fader to darken the scene just enough to use a shutter speed of 4 seconds at f/22. I also used ahard line GND to cover the sun and part of the sky. I was at my widest focal length, 18mm, with my back against the back of a cave and the tripod set up precariously on those rocks you see in the foreground, only bigger The top of the cave is just out of the frame, so the sun was only shining between the top of the cave and the top of the mountain for a few minutes. I wish I had a super wideangle, maybe by Christmas

Edited primarily in Capture NX. I had used low contrast and high saturation in-camera and then increased contrast in PP to bring out the details.

18 mm, 4 seconds, f/22, ISO 200
    Attachment 38072
    C&C appreciated as always!
    I just love the silky water. I really want to buy those ND filters now

Quote Originally Posted by Turo View Post
    I snapped this picture when I was on vacation down in Miami using my D50 and 35-70mm lens, no pp except to add my watermark and frame. I tried to meter it so that I could get the glow of the sunset but at the same time not underexpose the foreground. It took me several attempts, since if I metered for the foreground it would wash out the background, or if I metered for the sunset then it would ruin the foreground. This is the best I could come up with. I put it on my flickr and have had mixed reviews, some feel the foreground is too underexposed while others feel it is well balanced. C&C are more than welcome!

flickr link
    Turo

I think the exposure is right on. It really sets the mood. Great shot!!

Love your shot Turo. It's not a democracy so don't worry if your feedback is 50/50. A lone comment from someone you respect is worth 10 from people you don't.

By way of comment I'd love some on the following. Adult commentary only though please - no typographical drooling.

I had no backdrop and had to live with the cluttered reflection. I find it very distracting but I needed a small aperture to get the reflection crisp.
    My model prefered no sheet or backdrop anyway and since she was paying what could I do but follow instructions after offerring guidance.
    Re lighting crippled by only 1 speedlight.
    Where do you get decent backdrops, flashes and umbrellas?
    Feedback possitively sought btw.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    D800, D300, D90, 24-70 f2.8, 70-200VR f2.8, 300 F4, 105 micro, 16-85VR, 50mm 1.8, Tammy 90 macro, 70-300VR, SB900, 2xSB600, MB-D10, 055XPROB 322RC2. New computers to run photoshop faster. C&C always appreciated. PhotoGallery
    Pressing the shutter is the start of the process - Joe McNally ... Buying the body is the start of the process - Dread Pirate

Next time insist that she takes her watch off.