Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 601 of 1819 FirstFirst ... 10150155159159960060160260361165170111011601 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,010 of 18188
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Chandler View Post
    Jemr, Which metering mode was that B&W shot taken in ?
    It kind of looks like it was centre or spot metered...

metering mode: pattern

Which brings me to another question ... what do all these metering modes do???

Quote Originally Posted by jemr View Post

this can probably tell you all you need to know!

http://photo.net/nikon-camera-forum/00HFGL
    Nikon D700
    Sigma 70-200 F2.8
    Sigma 85mm F1.4
    Sigma 15-30 F3.5 - 4.5

http://www.philipduartephotography.com

"It's better to be hurt by the truth than comforted by a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by jemr View Post

I don't think you have mentioned what your camera is - I suspect 'Pattern' is
    like whole area or 'matrix' in the case of some..
    Spot metering meters just the very centre of the image and ignores the rest - helpfull sometimes with close portraits, centre weighted is similar - except a larger area and not totally ignoring the surrounding but biased towards the centre.
    Geoff Chandler. UK/England/Surrey
    NIKON D90 / D80. Nikon 16 - 85 VR, Tamron 28-200,
    Sigma 70-300APO, Tokina 100 AT-X Pro D.
    SB600 flash. Panasonic DMC-TZ25

http://geof777.multiply.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rooz View Post
    i'd keep the d40.
    Rooz, I would love to. But I'll be a D80 user starting today! Wooohoo I finally got one!

No, but seriously, if I wasn't financially tight, I'd keep the D40. At this point, there's no reason for me to have 2 cameras, unless what RawPaw mentioned, if I'm doing a freelance photography that would require a backup, I wouldn't have second thoughts of letting my D40 go. Maybe later on I can pick one up again cuz I know I'll definitely miss the compactness and lightweight body of it.

And for everyone that placed your opinion, I thank you and appreciate all of them.
    Nikon D700 | Nikon D90 | 14-24mm 2.8 | 24-70mm 2.8 | 35mm 1.8 | 50mm 1.4 | 85mm 1.4 | 105mm 2.8 Micro | 70-300mm VR | SB-800s | Tiffen UV Filter, ND and Polarizer set

"You see, Netherlands is this make-believe place where Peter Pan and Tinkerbell come from."
    Joey Tribbiani

Visit My Flickin' Flickr Shots | My Blog | My Porto-folio (requires Flash)

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Chandler View Post
    I don't think you have mentioned what your camera is - I suspect 'Pattern' is
    like whole area or 'matrix' in the case of some..
    Spot metering meters just the very centre of the image and ignores the rest - helpfull sometimes with close portraits, centre weighted is similar - except a larger area and not totally ignoring the surrounding but biased towards the centre.
    Sorry about that, when I wrote pattern, I simply copied it from the properties. The metering for that shot was matrix. Btw I have a Nikon D60

Quote Originally Posted by 500mL View Post
    I was just at B&H Photo today and you're right, it's a lot cheaper now. The body by itself costs $729. Not sure when I'll pick one up. I want to keep my D40 as a backup but with a tight financial situation, I'll have to relinquish the D40 to get the D80. Also, what's your take about getting a used D80? I just looked at Adorama and there's one for sale for $659. Thanks for everyone that replied btw
    If you're saving only 70$ to go used, it better have the original warranty, low shutter #'s and very mint. I've heard nothing but good things about Adorama (but I'm from Canada, lol) so you shouldn't have anything to worry about as far as post-sale service goes (if camera is bad and what not). I would try to keep the D40 for back up if I were you, but you know your money more than I do, so I think you can decide that one
    Nikon D80 + TAmROn 17-50mm f/2.8
    - Sandisk 2GB Extreme III SD Card
    - Crumpler 5 Million Dollar Home

- had Canon PowerShot S3 IS

For some of my shots:http://flickr.com/photos/truflip/

Quote Originally Posted by K1W1 View Post
    The one on the left is a MK1 without a muzzle brake so that would make it probably earlier than 1941 which would make it older than the guys firing it by a long way. I can't tell whether the one on the right is a Mk2 or MK3.
    Thanks all. K1W1 you're a man who knows his gear. I'm impressed.
    The commentator said the left one was used in Korea and the right one in Vietnam if I remember correctly. I guess we keep our hardware a long time eh. Bit like the Brittish flying Swordfish off carriers in WWII.

Love the shot of your folks Turo, I prefer your original exposure as they are a great subject and correctly exposed themselves.

Here's another from the weekend, only about 100 shots to get this one as they were more predicatable than the artillery.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    D800, D300, D90, 24-70 f2.8, 70-200VR f2.8, 300 F4, 105 micro, 16-85VR, 50mm 1.8, Tammy 90 macro, 70-300VR, SB900, 2xSB600, MB-D10, 055XPROB 322RC2. New computers to run photoshop faster. C&C always appreciated. PhotoGallery
    Pressing the shutter is the start of the process - Joe McNally ... Buying the body is the start of the process - Dread Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Roberts View Post
    Here's another from the weekend, only about 100 shots to get this one as they were more predicatable than the artillery.
    well done.. i wonder how the guy in the back with the point-and-shoot cam did with the photo.. probably not quite as good i imagine.
    Nikon D7000 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8G | Nikon SB-700 | Gitzo 0531

Nice captures, DPR!

Nice one DPR. I like how your camera handled the white pants. I think my D80 would've just completely clipped it
    Nikon D80 + TAmROn 17-50mm f/2.8
    - Sandisk 2GB Extreme III SD Card
    - Crumpler 5 Million Dollar Home

- had Canon PowerShot S3 IS

For some of my shots:http://flickr.com/photos/truflip/