Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 51 of 1815 FirstFirst ... 414950515253611011515511051 ... LastLast
    Nice shot aambrosi... Still cant wait to go to a race of some sort and get a panning shot.

davew - What is on the poor dogs tounge? hope its not permanent maker
    Nikon...

Quote Originally Posted by Twism View Post
    Nice shot aambrosi... Still cant wait to go to a race of some sort and get a panning shot.

davew - What is on the poor dogs tounge? hope its not permanent maker

No thank God the kids did not do that

she was born with a spotted tounge

Yet another cat picture (sorry, Cincy). It's -12 degrees F with a windchill of -35F, so my pictures are all taken inside and I don't feel comfortable posting pictures of my children on a public forum. So, here is Silky again (with kit lens)...

Again, no pp and I am always open to constructive criticism.

I'm very impressed with how the camera captures her grayish-blue and brown and keeps her white areas white.
    Last edited by Kellie; 02-04-2007 at 08:27 AM.
    "Saturate yourself with your subject and the camera will all but take you by the hand." ~ Margaret Bourke-White

Nikon D80 ~ Tamron 28-75/2.8 ~ Nikon 50/1.8 ~ Tamron 90/2.8 Di Macro ~ SB-600

Quote Originally Posted by davew View Post
    No thank God the kids did not do that

she was born with a spotted tounge

That reminds me of when I was a teenager, if one of us would pass out from drinking too much, we would draw stuff on that persons face and take pictures! Ahhhh the good 'ol days.

That really is a nice picture, Dave.
    Jason

"A coward dies a thousand deaths, a soldier dies but once."-2Pac

A bunch of Nikon stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Kellie View Post
    Yet another cat picture (sorry, Cincy). It's -12 degrees F with a windchill of -35F, so my pictures are all taken inside and I don't feel comfortable posting pictures of my children on a public forum.
    Just as cold across the River

If you dont mind me asking, why dont you feel comfortable posting pictures of your children?

*AhhhCHEW* Dont mind me, im allergic to cats
    Jason

A bunch of Nikon stuff!

I had a picture of my daughters in cloth diapers and t-shirts on my family gallery a couple years ago and it was stolen and placed on an adult diapering fetish website. I've been leery of posting their pictures in public ever since. Is there a way to protect it if I post one here?
    Last edited by Kellie; 02-04-2007 at 08:40 AM.
    "Saturate yourself with your subject and the camera will all but take you by the hand." ~ Margaret Bourke-White

Quote Originally Posted by Kellie View Post
    I had a picture of my daughters in cloth diapers and t-shirts on my family gallery a couple years ago and it was stolen and placed on an adult diapering fetish website. I've been leery of posting their pictures in public ever since. Is there a way to protect it if I post one here?

Wow!! I am not sure if it would work on this site, but I know there are programs that allow you to make it so the picture you post cannot be right clicked on or saved from the site. Or, you could post links to your family gallery and just make your gallery download protected. I think that would work.

If I had been you, I would have slapped the sickos with a lawsuit. I just gotta ask the obvious question... how did you find out it was on the fetish website? Im just teasing
    Last edited by jcon; 02-04-2007 at 08:48 AM.
    Jason

A bunch of Nikon stuff!

There were galleries full of children in diapers. I, along with many other parents, reported it to the FBI and the site has been shut down. The last I heard, the site owner's computer had been seized. Unfortunately, this is very common and there isn't a whole lot that can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by jcon View Post
    I just gotta ask the obvious question... how did you find out it was on the fetish website? Im just teasing
    That's a legit question. A friend who owns a children's clothing business had hits on her website from the forum. She followed the link back to them and discovered the galleries. She posted on a parenting forum and word about the site quickly spread. There were literally hundreds of stolen photos from personal and business galleries. Sick.

Nice picture, Kellie. I like the warm colours. I also like the smooth background.

That must have been quite a shock, finding pictures of your kids on such a website. I can well imagine that you are not comfortable sharing pictures of them on the internet now. As to ways to protect images, I think all methods of copy protection can be broken one way or the other, so the only way you can really protect them is by using obtrusive watermarks. Pictures that are watermarked in such a way won't be used for things like that, I guess. Also, keep the size small, large files would be attractive to use.
    Nikon D-50
    // Nikkor 70-300 f/4-5.6 VR // Nikkor 50 mm f/1.8
    // Sigma 17-70 f/2.8-4.5 ...// Nikon SB-600
    // Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6......// Nikon Series E 135 mm f/2.8
    // Kiron 105 f/2.8 Macro....// Manfrotto 190XPROB + 488RC4
    // Nikkor 35 f/1.8..........// Sigma 500 mm f/8

My website: http://www.dennisdolkens.nl