Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 41 of 1815 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351911415411041 ... LastLast
    Woke up to a little snow this morning

taken with the 50mm 1.8 prime no flash
    hand held so I know it is not to sharp

Twism, I love the photo with the gulls. Nice job!

Quote Originally Posted by cincyimages View Post
    Twism, I love the photo with the gulls. Nice job!
    Ahh.. thanks a ton

Went out for a walk yesterday to try get my first B&W shot...

Converted to BW in photoshop
    Nikon...

Quote Originally Posted by Twism View Post
    Ahh.. thanks a ton

Went out for a walk yesterday to try get my first B&W shot...

Converted to BW in photoshop
    you lost a little in the foreground when going b/w. when you did the conversion, did you just do an "auto convert" or did you use the r/g/b levels ?

this is a really nice photo and if you convert it a little better in ps, i think it's a real keeper in b/w. love the trees.
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Rooz View Post
    you lost a little in the foreground when going b/w. when you did the conversion, did you just do an "auto convert" or did you use the r/g/b levels ?

this is a really nice photo and if you convert it a little better in ps, i think it's a real keeper in b/w. love the trees.
    I wasnt aware that there was an "auto convert" .. to answer your question, I desaturated it and then played around with the contrast a bit.

Could I possibly PM or post the origanal so you could show me what you mean? or how you would do it? It would be a nice learning experience for me

And lastly, thanks for the kind words
    Nikon...

I wasnt aware that there was an "auto convert" .. to answer your question, I desaturated it and then played around with the contrast a bit.

Could I possibly PM or post the origanal so you could show me what you mean? or how you would do it? It would be a nice learning experience for me

Great shot Twism, go ahead and pm or post it I'd like to see what I could do with it.
    I thought about who I am... and realized I was an
    unformed, unreconciled imagery, without "GOD"

NikonD?
    and some other Nikon stuff

0.0%

Great shot Twism, go ahead and pm or post it I'd like to see what I could do with it.
    Thank you XaiLo

Just did an auto conversion from RAW and sized it down a bit from the original. just shout if you would prefer the original original...

Thanks for the help... will be waiting to see your results.
    Nikon...

Simply dialling down saturation usually leads to rather flat looking B&W conversions... one popular method in Photoshop is to use a Channel Mixer adjustment layer so you can dial in the amount of luminance taken from each of the RGB channels. The new version (CS3) has an autoconvert to B&W with sliders to allow you to do pretty much the same thing. I'd show you, but I'm at work right now with no photoshop.
    D300 | MB-D10

18-105MM F/3.5-5.6G ED AF-S DX VR | 105mm f/1.8 AI-S | 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED-IF AF-S VR | 80-200 f/2.8 | 50mm f1.4 | SB-900 | SB-600

it just takes some practice and TBH, it all comes down to your taste aswell.
    photo #1 and #2 are using just the contrast/ brightness scales. one has the foreground too dark, (similar to your original), the other looks very "flat" if you try and brighten it up.

#3 is using levels and curves and r/g/b channels. #4 just adds a bit of warmth for a touch of sepia.

(many apologies for the multiple photos mr admin)
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr