Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Samsung/Pentax GX-10/K10D

Just heard about Samsung releasing a rebadged Pentax K10D as the GX-10. The more dSLR there are out there the better.

http://stock-photo.blogspot.com/2006_10_01_archive.html
    Last edited by KFrog; 03-14-2007 at 11:45 AM. Reason: update link

Nice to hear...

...that someone at this forum is really caring about some other brand... The strange thing is that Samsung has (at least) redesigned the rear of the camera versus K10D- but still they are pre-production ones. But good news are IMHO- as Samsung is widely know electronics equipment giant and Pentax is well known for few as superb optics/cams producer- I personally think of this alliance as of superb! And I personally preordered K10D based on winter shooting (protruding buttons!) but I guess that GX-10 shall be the same if not better- let us talk about differences again when official samples etc. are available.

Anyway, great ones: Samsung/Pentax

I like something a little different

Quote Originally Posted by Reps View Post
    ...that someone at this forum is really caring about some other brand... The strange thing is that Samsung has (at least) redesigned the rear of the camera versus K10D- but still they are pre-production ones. But good news are IMHO- as Samsung is widely know electronics equipment giant and Pentax is well known for few as superb optics/cams producer- I personally think of this alliance as of superb! And I personally preordered K10D based on winter shooting (protruding buttons!) but I guess that GX-10 shall be the same if not better- let us talk about differences again when official samples etc. are available.

Anyway, great ones: Samsung/Pentax
    I'm happy for you getting a new K10D. At this point I think that would be my choice as well but I'm still not sure yet. My wife won't let me get one just yet anyway. Just bought a Samsung 50" DLP so I'll have to settle for that for the time being

I got interested in the Samsung dSLR's when I saw the GX-1S. I did a little research and found out about their tie in with Pentax. I like the idea of shake reduction in the camera and not the lens. Saves money on lenses I would think. Optically is it better or worse then in the lens? Who knows, but for a first time dSLR buyer I'll get a quality camera with SR and spend a little less on lenses to start off with.

If I was to buy today I would go with the Pentax K10D. We'll see how things develop.
    Last edited by KFrog; 12-06-2006 at 08:28 PM. Reason: spelling

Alright! Kudos to Jeff for acquiring a GX10 for review! Can't wait to read it!
    ================================
    Gallery : DeviantArt

dSLR : SAMSUNG GX-1L
    dP&S : CASIO EXILIM EX-S500
    35mm SLR : PENTAX MZ-M w/ PENTAX FG Battery Grip

SIGMA 24-135mm f2.8-4.5 Aspherical IF (Pentax AF Mount)
    18-55/3.5-5.6, 35-70/3.5-4.8, 70-210/4-5.6, 80-200/4.5
    28/2.8, 50/2, 135/2.8, 135/3.5, 200/3.5, 300/5.6