Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Fuji 6000 night ISO tests show the water

In the Fuji 6000 night ISO tests I can cleary see the water in the bay. With the same night ISO tests here of most other cameras all you see is blackness, even the dSLR's. A few exceptions I found are Nikon D200 and Canon 5D which show the water, also.

Does that mean all those other cameras have an inferior image qualtiy on these tests? Is the S6000 that much better on low light shots? Or is there another reason for this?

http://dcresource.com/reviews/fuji/f...ghtshot400.jpg

I noticed that too. Maybe the moon was out that night? It kind of looks like the moon's reflection on the water, although it isn't actually in the frame.

Stephanie
    My Nikon D80 gallery
    My Fujifilm FinePix F30 and F10 galleries

SLR stuff: Nikon D80 | Nikon F80 | Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF AF-S DX Zoom | Nikkor AF 24mm f/2.8D | Nikkor AF 35mm f/2D | Nikkor AF 50mm f/1.8 | Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM | Tamron SP AF 28-75mm f/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) | Tamron SP AF 24-135mm f/3.5-5.6 AD Aspherical (IF) | Nikon SB-600 Speedlight

P&S stuff: Fujifilm FinePix F30 | Fujifilm FinePix F10

Accessories: Slik Sprint Pro GM tripod

I would imagine you see black in most DSLR's shot of that water scene due to a shallow DOF.

sjseto, I think you are right. In the G7 gallery it shows the water, also. The big white streak on the water in the middle of the S6000 photos is over to the left in the G7 photo, so I bet that's the moon overhead. It looks similar to the streaks caused by the building's lights, but since it's bigger and moved it must be the moon.