Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising
 
 
 
   
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    44

    What does $700.00 get you, honestly?

    What would $700.00 honestly get you in a Nikon?
    Macro and tele a priority.

    Please expound to your hearts content, I'm all ears.
    Changeling

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    44
    I forgot to add, I would like to us a Tele on the camera.
    Changeling

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    594
    you might be better off asking that question in the "Nikon" spacific thread.
    best of luck
    Canon 7D ~ Canon 20D
    70-200L f/2.8 | 100 f/2.8 | 50 f/1.4 | 10-22 f/3.5-4.5
    580EX | BG-E7 | BG-E2

    "Keyboard failure, press any key to continue.... "



  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    367
    It'll get you a decent nikon lens... but... it's still not a canon.
    The name is pronounced bonn-gee-bee
    Canon 1Ds Mark II
    Canon 20D + BG-E2
    Canon Elan 7e
    Canon 70-200 f/2.8L USM IS
    Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical [IF]
    Canon 50mm f/1.8
    Canon 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 USM
    Canon 135mm f/2.8 Soft Focus

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,929
    Quote Originally Posted by BonjiB View Post
    It'll get you a decent nikon lens... but... it's still not a canon.


    Whats your point???? Oh wait I get it, you own Canon equipment, thats right, so its automatically better, I forgot when you bought the Panasonic FZ30 it was better too.
    Jason

    "A coward dies a thousand deaths, a soldier dies but once."-2Pac


    A bunch of Nikon stuff!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,200
    Quote Originally Posted by BonjiB View Post
    It'll get you a decent nikon lens... but... it's still not a canon.
    Just because you have a Canon doesn't mean its the right choice for everyone.

    Talk up the 30D all you want but if you need to take pictures of noise in the rain the D200 is a much better choice.

    ----------------------------------
    Said in jest not to start a flame war
    _______________
    Nikon D3, D300, F-100, 10.5 Fisheye, 35 f/1.4, 50 f/1.4, 85 f/1.4, Zeiss 100 f/2, 105 f/2.5, 200 f/4 Micro, 200 f/2 VR, 300 f/2.8 AF-S II, 24-70 f/2.8, 70-200 f/2.8, SU-800, SB-900, 4xSB-800, 1.4x and 1.7x TC
    (2) Profoto Acute 2400 packs w/4 heads, Chimera Boxes

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    6,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    What would $700.00 honestly get you in a Nikon?
    Macro and tele a priority.

    Please expound to your hearts content, I'm all ears.
    Changeling
    First off I'm assuming that you are in the USA.
    Step one. Get in touch with Cameta (?). They seem to do great deals on refurbished D50's at around US$399.00 and I have only ever seen one person who was not happy with they they got.
    Step two. Decide what you want when you say "tele". If you are talking something in the 70-300 range the Sigma 70-300 APO Macro is around US$200.00. This is not a real macro lens but its good for close ups and it's a very good budget tele lens.
    Step three. Buy a Nikkor 50mm f1.8 lens brand new at about US$100.00 but be quick because the story is that they have been discontinued.
    Why the 50mm? See step four.
    Step four. Search the Internet for "how tos" on reversing the 50mm lens. There is a way that you can do it using rubber bands to hold it against the body and it produces STUNNING macro shots.
    At this point I have spent your US$700.00
    Step five. Save up some money and get another lens in the 18-50 or 18-70 type range because you will find that you need it for general photography.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,173
    Quote Originally Posted by jcon View Post
    Whats your point????
    His point was that the original thread was posted in the Canon forum by mistake. It was a joke.

    -dave-

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    367
    Quote Originally Posted by jcon View Post
    Whats your point???? Oh wait I get it, you own Canon equipment, thats right, so its automatically better, I forgot when you bought the Panasonic FZ30 it was better too.
    Heck yeah the fz30 was better when it was my main camera. Best camera on the market and i wouldn't have taken anything for it... untill i got my canon... now it's the best. :-) i can only comment based on what i've used/owned so in my opinion... canon is the best. Mainly because of a lack of experience with nikon. Don't hate me because i'm ignorant. Besides, the original thread location was in the canon forum so he had it coming. It has since been moved.
    The name is pronounced bonn-gee-bee
    Canon 1Ds Mark II
    Canon 20D + BG-E2
    Canon Elan 7e
    Canon 70-200 f/2.8L USM IS
    Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical [IF]
    Canon 50mm f/1.8
    Canon 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 USM
    Canon 135mm f/2.8 Soft Focus

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,929
    Bonji, I apologize I was unaware that it was first posted in Canon. I didnt know because I have no reason to be in that forum. I wouldnt say youre ignorant, just bias
    Jason

    "A coward dies a thousand deaths, a soldier dies but once."-2Pac


    A bunch of Nikon stuff!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •