Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Thumbs up Canon 20D Gallery & Features

Man, I gotta admit, there isn't much that's not impressive about that camera or those images! I tried to find some muddiness, some CA, some moire, none to find. Impressive camera. Eat your heart out, George! Good thing I'm chained to the "Panasonic" mast by budget, or I'd be tempted. Now, if only there was a camera like that that had the same zoom range and lens speed of the FZ, now that would be irresistable! Thanks for posting, Jeff.
    Last edited by John_Reed; 08-23-2004 at 06:35 PM. Reason: screwed up.
    Let a be your umbrella!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by John_Reed
    Man, I gotta admit, there isn't much that's not impressive about that camera or those images! I tried to find some muddiness, some CA, some moire, none to find. Impressive camera. Eat your heart out, George! Good thing I'm chained to the "Panasonic" mast by budget, or I'd be tempted. Now, if only there was a camera like that that had the same zoom range and lens speed of the FZ, now that would be irresistable! Thanks for posting, Jeff.
    Actually if you look at the photo of the trademark building you can find some moiré. Look below the clock in the window.
    Jeff Keller
    Founder/Editor, Digital Camera Resource Page

Quote Originally Posted by John_Reed
    Actually I don't feel too bad about the differences. The D70 works great and I haven't had any moire problems (not a pun) since I changed settings to sharpen (don't ask). The camera has performed flawlessly, and now with the Sigma 18-125, I'm pretty happy.

There will always be bigger, faster, cheaper. But the D70 should easily suffice for the next few years. I had to really stretch the budget for the D70, so the 20D would have been way past that with basic lenses.

I like Canon for pushing the envelope. The A series and the EOS pro series are terrific. If they replace the S1 IS in the same way then they will dominate the field. But with the D70 Nikon proved you could have your cake and eat it too.

Anyway, greetings from Shanghai. Interesting city, and reminds me of Tokyo. Can't post from here, so far, as the connections are pretty slow.
    Last edited by D70FAN; 08-24-2004 at 12:25 AM.
    D7000, D70, CP990, CP900, FE.
    50mm f/1.8, Sigma 18-125, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8, Nikon 18-105 VR, Nikon 55-200 VR, Nikon 43-86 f/3.5 AiS, Vivitar 28-90 F/2.8-3.5 Macro, Vivitar 75-205 F/3.8-4.8, SB800.
    Ha! See, I can change...

http://d70fan.smugmug.com/