Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLife View Post
    FZ10 most people think the high camera MP is essential to getting good detail the only thing the increased MPs buy you is the ability to make larger prints. The FZ30 and 50 in an effort to join the MP war have added noise cancellation software at the cost of detail. I vote with my results. The rest of the glitz on the Fz30 and FZ50 will not produce this quality picture. What is the purpose of being able to make large picture when the lack detail? The two features of the FZ10 and 20 that separate it from the rest is power zoom and F2.8 at all zoom settings.

I agree 100%, well said!
    Jason

"A coward dies a thousand deaths, a soldier dies but once."-2Pac

A bunch of Nikon stuff!

Great shots!

Fun photos and well taken. Know the areas well and they really capture the character.

I'll have to get into the city and take some Fall photos too (with the polarizer my son did NOT throw into the garbage this time on receipt! )

Quote Originally Posted by jcon View Post
    LL, you know how I feel about NYC, so I thank you for sharing! The magazine salesman is my fav, but I feel it could be very very special and tell a complete story if you had more of the stand beneath him that he is leaning on. I also think it could be intersting as a B&W. Keep the NYC pics comming!

For those of you that like to call me bias and a hater of Panasonic FZ cameras, LoveLife truly shows what a good FZ camera AND good photographer can do!
    Thank you for the complement. I agree it would have been nice to get more area below his arms but I did not have the time. These are stop twist draw zoom focus shots and move on images. The power zoom is what makes these shots possible the left hand does not have to move for zooming or focusing. What am I going to do if this camera breaks? I am going to Thailand in January I think I am going to bring my FZ30 and FZ10.

One must see with their vision.
    http://lovelife.smugmug.com/

I see your point, I had some same experience with the FZ20. Have a wonderful and safe trip and I cant wait to see your work when you return!
    Jason

"A coward dies a thousand deaths, a soldier dies but once."-2Pac

A bunch of Nikon stuff!

Red face You want details? Try your FZ30...

You may be right about high ISO details, but at ISO 80, I don't think your FZ20 can match this flower:

That's straight from the camera, not sharpened or otherwise post-processed. If you don't think that's sharp, here's a 100% crop of the middle of the flower:

Sheesh Jerry, you're taking Harlan's place as the "old FZ" holdout. I'd love to see your FZ20 shot of greater detail? And for the record, the FZ30 doesn't perform the "watercoloring" noise blurring that the FZ50 does.
    Let a be your umbrella!

Quote Originally Posted by John_Reed View Post
    You may be right about high ISO details, but at ISO 80, I don't think your FZ20 can match this flower:

That's straight from the camera, not sharpened or otherwise post-processed. If you don't think that's sharp, here's a 100% crop of the middle of the flower:
    Sheesh Jerry, you're taking Harlan's place as the "old FZ" holdout. I'd love to see your FZ20 shot of greater detail? And for the record, the FZ30 doesn't perform the "watercoloring" noise blurring that the FZ50 does.
    My flower shots are not a match they exceed with my FZ10 the 10 has no noise suppression. The way it is supposed to be anything else is a compromise. Don’t sigh to deeply you’ll inhale the pollen.

BTW Did you check out the beginning of this thread the images are done with ISO from 100 to 400 some F2.8 and speeds of 10/300?

I tried and tried with my FZ30 in fact I went through three cameras, I kid you not. The FZ30 has a focusing problem I can hit a tack sharp shot one in 10 and that is not good enough. I spent my time retaking shots because the focus was too soft. I think the FZ50 would be one hell of a camera with 6MP and no noise supression but Panasonic would not do that.

Here is the one in ten shot from my FZ30.

Had enough?
    Last edited by LoveLife; 10-26-2006 at 12:53 AM.

One must see with their vision.
    http://lovelife.smugmug.com/

A couple of FZ20 shots

These are not quite up to the standards set by Lovelife but I was quite pleased at what the FZ20 could do. This is the centre of a Rubekia.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

Cropped

And a bit closer cropped.

Here's a clematis after flowering

Slightly cropped. It looks a bit like those fizzing fireworks.
    Last edited by Phill D; 10-26-2006 at 05:26 PM.

Bit closer

Cropped a bit closer - still quite a lot of detail from the FZ20.
    Oops none taken in NY though, sorry got a bit sidetracked didn't we.