Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TZ1 Orbs??

Question TZ1 Orbs??

I was taking a few shots of my wife and daughter yesterday while they were carving a pumpkin. After I downloaded the pictures I noticed a few orbs in the background. I looked through all of the photos and in almost every frame was an orb. Today I took shots of the same area and I still saw orbs. Just curious if anyone else has seen this kind of thing.

I took more photos today but I haven't loaded them up yet. I still found orbs around that hallway. I'll load them up later. Thanks for any info.
    When this girl at the art museum asked me whom I liked better, Monet or Manet, I said, "I like mayonnaise." She just stared at me, so I said it again, louder. Then she left. I guess she went to try to find some mayonnaise for me. -Jack Handey

My wife was fooling around with the camera just after the previous shots were taken. Please excuse the goofy face.

This picture shows an orb that is seemingly cut off by one of my blinds. This shot makes me think that it may be something mechanicaly wrong.

Now these shots are from today. The 3rd shot is clean, taken just after the first two.

Am I now a paranormal kind of guy, or is my TZ1 acting up??
    When this girl at the art museum asked me whom I liked better, Monet or Manet, I said, "I like mayonnaise." She just stared at me, so I said it again, louder. Then she left. I guess she went to try to find some mayonnaise for me. -Jack Handey

It's halloween; isn't it?

I went to a funeral recently and people gasped when they see the 'orbs' in the processed photos believing some ghostly spirits.

In fact, anyone can generate this 'orb' at call. Just point the camera at a strong source of light, when you get to the right angle you can see those orbs in the LCD/EVF if you pay enough attention. It's lens flare effect cause by backlighting. In your photos, I can see a powerful TV screen on and a few lamps. They are the real cause of the orbs.
    Nikon D90, D80
    Nikkor 16-85mm AF-S DX F/3.5-5.6G ED VR, Tamron SP AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) macro, Nikkor 50mm F/1.4D, Nikkor 50mm F/1.8D, Nikkor AF-S VR 70-300mm F/4.5-5.6G IF-ED, Sigma 105mm F/2.8 EX DG Macro ||| 2x SB800 | SB600 ||| Manfrotto 190XB

Wink Also, Dust in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by tim11 View Post
    It's halloween; isn't it?

I went to a funeral recently and people gasped when they see the 'orbs' in the processed photos believing some ghostly spirits.

In fact, anyone can generate this 'orb' at call. Just point the camera at a strong source of light, when you get to the right angle you can see those orbs in the LCD/EVF if you pay enough attention. It's lens flare effect cause by backlighting. In your photos, I can see a powerful TV screen on and a few lamps. They are the real cause of the orbs.
    Not unusual, as Tim says. I'll bet if you were shooting without flash, you wouldn't see them.
    Let a be your umbrella!

I just took more photos at my in-laws house. I can find orbs in almost every shot. The majority of shots that I took were in low light situations. A ceiling light on behind me and I still have orbs. I have never seen this phenomena before.

Now that I think of it, I didn't have bunch of lights on when I took my second batch of photos this morning. There is some light coming from our computer room that is around the right corner of the hallway, but that is it. I don't know if I believe the light source hypothesis yet.

I am going to take shots in this dark basement. I'll post these pics later.

Quote Originally Posted by John_Reed View Post
    Not unusual, as Tim says. I'll bet if you were shooting without flash, you wouldn't see them.
    Even without flash John. I can reproduce the orb best without flash. And sometimes dirty lens contributes to it.
    Nikon D90, D80
    Nikkor 16-85mm AF-S DX F/3.5-5.6G ED VR, Tamron SP AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) macro, Nikkor 50mm F/1.4D, Nikkor 50mm F/1.8D, Nikkor AF-S VR 70-300mm F/4.5-5.6G IF-ED, Sigma 105mm F/2.8 EX DG Macro ||| 2x SB800 | SB600 ||| Manfrotto 190XB

It's just dust. Either in the air or on you lens, maybe both.

It's not a ghost.

I'm leaning towards the dust solution as well. Hopefully on the outside of the lens!

I have my own question... maybe I should start another thread.
    Why does this orb subject comes up every Halloween?
    http://www.dcresource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13131
    Nikon D90, D80

It's satan.
    The name is pronounced bonn-gee-bee
    Canon 1Ds Mark II
    Canon 20D + BG-E2
    Canon Elan 7e
    Canon 70-200 f/2.8L USM IS
    Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical [IF]
    Canon 50mm f/1.8
    Canon 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 USM
    Canon 135mm f/2.8 Soft Focus