* What budget have you allocated for buying this camera? $1000
* What size camera are you looking for? Or does size not matter at all to you?
How many megapixels will suffice for you? Open to suggestions
* What optical zoom will you need? (None, Standard = 3x-4x, Ultrazoom = 10x-12x, Other - Specify) Looking at dSLR "kits"
* How important is “image quality” to you? (Rate using a scale of 1-10) 10
Do you care for manual controls?
* What will you generally use the camera for? Mainly action shots of young child and eventually sporting activities. Also wanting to explore photography of various subjects (i.e. landscapes, portraits, etc.)
* Will you be making big prints of your photos or not? No
Will you be shooting a lot of indoor photos or low light photos? Yes
Will you be shooting sports and/or action photos? Yes
Are there particular brands you like or hate? No
Are there particular models you already have in mind? Yes, Nikon D50 and Canon Rebel XTi
(If applicable) Do you need any of the following special features? (Wide Angle, Image Stabilization, Weatherproof, Hotshoe, Rotating LCD) No
I have read too many reviews and visited to many camera stores, which has caused a lot of confusion on what to buy. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!