Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Karl is indeed a certified master As with Xailo, SteveLe, Downtrodden, all these guys are really great photographers. You will find everyone here at DCRP a friendly and helpful group specially the S3is users. Feel free to post and ask questions
    To God be all the Glory!

Daniel
    Exposure to the Son can keep us from getting burned
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/danielygo/

Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    Truflip, I really appreciate your reply and advise. Regardless of what your friends say (I know they are kidding), where are there photos! It is obvious you have a unique and gifted way of seeing things through a lens or whatever! I didn't just come to a web site and start running my mouth if I wasn't serious.
    well. youre welcome =) my friends have a lotta photos here actually most of them have flickr (www.flickr.com) if u search for k.gajonera and go through his friends list.. you'll see them here in this forum also they are very talented.. so look out! XaiLo is one of the first persons who inspired to be trigger happy with this S3 beside me ever since he started the "Some S3 pics" thread so please dont look down to him hes a very nice guy n is always willing to help out

steveLe is a rising star and talent, hes just a lazy guy who never really posts pictures here.. check out his flickr when u have a chance there are othere here who are rising stars and believe me.. i feel like a beginner when look at some of their pics there are quite a few others here who are quite knowledgeable and im sure are quick to answer any question u got
    I hope that is enough to satisfy everyone.
    i can see your point of view and it satisfies me

Now: Why a 52mm lens adapter over a 58mm, or (Lensmate)
    whatever brand? I say Lensmate because it seems what everyone considers the best, I know dam well I don't want plastic!
    Lens: I know very little, but I know it is the difference between great and crap ! What are my options for Macro and Tele?
    52mm > 58mm cuz 52 is cheaper, filters are cheaper, some lens are cheaper.. i chose 58mm cuz the lens and macros n stuff i plan to buy in the future (initially) were 58mm's. i bought lensmate cuz i dont like to ebay. im quite insecure when shopping online esp on ebay.
    for macro, u got raynox dcr250 or Hoya macro kit.. for Tele, the Canon brands for the S2/S3 has quite the image quality.. if you want maximum zoom with highest possible image quality, theres a Sony one as well (dono the model #'s)

hope this helps
    Nikon D80 + TAmROn 17-50mm f/2.8
    - Sandisk 2GB Extreme III SD Card
    - Crumpler 5 Million Dollar Home

- had Canon PowerShot S3 IS

For some of my shots:http://flickr.com/photos/truflip/

Quote Originally Posted by downtrodden View Post
    Karl.. didn't you only recently get the macro/close up lens? Weren't MOST of your photos taken with the S3, pretty much stock?

Where i'm going with this is that the S3 has a very capable macro mode and very capable Super macro mode as is. I know you don't want to hear "buy the camera first" but really you should. What good do the accessories do you if you've no camera to use them on? And yes, you're right, the S4 may be announced soon- this is true. But look at what happened with the G7 coming off the G6. Most of the great features everyone adores were completely scrapped and didn't make it to the G7.

If the S4 gets announced it will probably be in spring...4.. maybe 5 months away... What pictures will you miss in the meantime?

Now- the only way i'd change my advice to get camera first is if you have a camera already- in which you're perfectly content with the performance- to hold you over until you get your S3 or S4.

if you already have a camera to hold you over, then please disregard my post

~Cory
    cory, i bought the macro lens the same time as the adapter, and filters its just that i never used it for about 3 weeks.. didnt have much time to learn it n practise using it.. now im gettin the hang of it.. if u see anything in my flickr that doesnt look like somethin the S3 alone could do.. (i mean close ups) most likely its got the raynox attached MOST of my photos are taken using the S3.. stock
    the pics taken with UV and/or polarizer havent been uploaded yet as im in the process of editing and touching up pics from the summer (before i got the filters n others)

Quote Originally Posted by danielg View Post
    Karl is indeed a certified master As with Xailo, SteveLe, Downtrodden, all these guys are really great photographers. You will find everyone here at DCRP a friendly and helpful group specially the S3is users. Feel free to post and ask questions
    yes, especially the S3 IS users! well said daniel. cept the Karl is a certified master... so untrue

Truflip said:

52mm > 58mm cuz 52 is cheaper, filters are cheaper, some lens are cheaper.. i chose 58mm cuz the lens and macros n stuff i plan to buy in the future (initially) were 58mm's. i bought lensmate cuz i dont like to ebay. im quite insecure when shopping online esp on ebay.
    for macro, u got raynox dcr250 or Hoya macro kit.. for Tele, the Canon brands for the S2/S3 has quite the image quality.. if you want maximum zoom with highest possible image quality, theres a Sony one as well (dono the model #'s)

hope this helps

First off I sincerely did not mean to ruffle anyones feathers, my remark about friends/pictures was in jest. I realize that you are a close group of forum friends and would do nothing to jeopardize that with rude comments!

In regard to your being a little paranoid about ebay, I strongly suggest you stay that way! Things there have gotten to the point you don't know what to believe, and better believe nothing. I'm sure there are some honest people there, but who knows who they are ! I totally quit buying from there.

In regard to the 52 vs 58 mm adapters, I didn't know if there was photographic quality difference between the two or not, evidently "Not".

Is there a difference in the various filter (UV and polarizer) manufacturers when you are talking about there top of the line models ?
    Changeling

UV is jsut a piece of glass that will protect the lens.. it does not have any effect really.. not that ive found.. the higher end ones mean they have more coats.. more coats = less glare.. the one i have is double coat.. there are HMC (Hoya Multi Coat) UV filters that cost may $7-10 more n u get up to 6 coat.. the Pro1 uses 6 coats as well and uses the finest pieces of glasss =)

Polarizers.. well theres Linear and Circular.. i use Linear cuz Circular costs a lot and i dont really need it.. nor want it.. they do however have an effect on the pictures, they block reflective lights which adds contrast to pictures. biggest change u will see is u will have a nice deep blue sky.. =) i can gladly post before n after sample shots if needed.

as for the ruffus.. dont worry about it.. =) we're very nice people i think and im sure youre most welcome here =D take care

I've never used the S3, but I would say get the camera first. You won't know what filters you will want to use until you start taking pictures. It's an even bigger problem with DSLRs. Good luck!

P.S. These guys are great! I love coming over here even though I live in Canon DSLR world.
    5D MK III, 50D, ELAN 7E, 17-40mm 4, Sigma 10mm 2.8 fisheye, 18-55mm 3.5-5.6 IS, 30mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 580 EX, 430 EX speedlight, Pocket wizard flex and mini.
    Canon G10

Pentax P30, 50mm 2.0

We enjoy having you stop by Nick.
    I thought about who I am... and realized I was an
    unformed, unreconciled imagery, without "GOD"

NikonD?
    and some other Nikon stuff

0.0%