Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

external flash on sony a100 Need Help!!

HI, I have 2 types of flash for the sony a100. One is on a hot shoe and one fits directly on the a100. The one on the hot shoe is i take the picture then it lags for processing. the one that fits on the camera the flash dont go off all the time. What am I doing wrong. Im about to return this camera since the flash is a bit frustrating I have to use the external as im involved some sports compeition such as cheerleading but the flash is not flashing when it should. Is there a setting i need to set that it will flash all the time. Please help me. Im getting frustrated.

Thanks,
    Marcie

Hi, I figured out my external settings. Took it to my daughters tuck and twisting class today and it worked. I just have to work on the setting a bit more and understand them more!!!

Marcie

Talking

There is nothing like "hands-on" experience to truly teach you. I have, personally, read page after page of instruction manuals, but until you actually put it into practice, you just don't know.

I use my SONY A100
    Name:  TREE22KIT.jpg
Views: 4705
Size:  7.8 KB

as a quick backup to my Canon EOS-3 35mm and my Canon EOS 20D. It is snappy and responsive, with many aspects set to AUTO. If I want manual operation, I can quickly do that, too.

Which of the SONY external flashes are you using?

The HVLF36AM?
    Name:  HVLF36AM.jpg
Views: 4662
Size:  3.4 KB

or the HVLF56AM? (my personal favorite)
    Name:  HVLF56AM.jpg
Views: 4670
Size:  4.0 KB
    Last edited by DonSchap; 10-07-2006 at 03:21 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

HI My flash is similar to the first one but i have to use an shoe adapter. It has way too many settings for me I would love to learn the Manual mode too!!! A little by little im learning when I look at my flash again I will have the correct name for u!!!

Marcie