Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising
 
 
 
   
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Windy Wyoming, USA
    Posts
    2,605
    Your pics aren't coming up for me I tried your gallery link too, and it didn't work. Maybe the site is down
    Nikon D50, Nikkor 18-55mm, Nikkor 50mm 1.8, Sigma 70-300mm APO DG Macro, Tokina 12-24
    Flickr

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    439
    no they don't show up for me also and I could view them a couple days ago. So not your problem.
    Nikon D300
    Nikkor AF-S 17-55mm f/2.8
    Nikkor 80-200 f/2.8 AF-D (70-200mm f/2.8 VR soon)
    Nikon SB600 (SB800 soon)
    Nikon MB-D10 grip
    Sekonic L-358
    Bogan/Manfrotto 055xprob tripod

    Canon AE-1 Program
    Canon FD 50mm f/1.8
    CPC 2x Teleconverter
    CPC Phase 2 CCT 80-200 f/4.5
    CPC Phase 2 CCT 28mm Macro f/2.8

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Delfgauw, The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,207
    Quote Originally Posted by toriaj View Post
    Your pics aren't coming up for me I tried your gallery link too, and it didn't work. Maybe the site is down
    The pictures are back. The site had been down for two days, but fortunately it is working again.
    Nikon D-50
    // Nikkor 70-300 f/4-5.6 VR // Nikkor 50 mm f/1.8
    // Sigma 17-70 f/2.8-4.5 ...// Nikon SB-600
    // Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6......// Nikon Series E 135 mm f/2.8
    // Kiron 105 f/2.8 Macro....// Manfrotto 190XPROB + 488RC4
    // Nikkor 35 f/1.8..........// Sigma 500 mm f/8

    My website: http://www.dennisdolkens.nl

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Maryland's Eastern Shore
    Posts
    2,143
    Prospero,

    You have a real nice collection of shots there. Interesting compositions, angles, and use of shadows.

    It is a shame about the pole on the left side of #1, maybe clone out the pole in the sky area so it is less noticeable?

    #3 seems to not belong in this group, it is almost centered in the shot versus all your other compositions. I struggle with this all the time, I am very symetrical, and have to force myself to not center the subject. The sky looked awsome but even so I tried cropping out some of the sky to lift the subject up in the top third of the shot. Since many of your shots have the sky this may be a change of perspective in the series. Hope you don't mind.
    I would be happy to have gotten the captures you did. Nice work.

    Attachment 16280
    - Rich

    Nikon: D50, 18-70mm, 50mm, 70-200vr
    Kenko: 12mm, 20mm, 36mm Ext Tubes
    Manfrotto: 486RC2
    Benro: A-327 tripod


    My Flickr Photos Here

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Delfgauw, The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,207
    Quote Originally Posted by rawpaw18 View Post
    Prospero,

    You have a real nice collection of shots there. Interesting compositions, angles, and use of shadows.

    It is a shame about the pole on the left side of #1, maybe clone out the pole in the sky area so it is less noticeable?

    #3 seems to not belong in this group, it is almost centered in the shot versus all your other compositions. I struggle with this all the time, I am very symetrical, and have to force myself to not center the subject. The sky looked awsome but even so I tried cropping out some of the sky to lift the subject up in the top third of the shot. Since many of your shots have the sky this may be a change of perspective in the series. Hope you don't mind.
    I would be happy to have gotten the captures you did. Nice work.
    Thanks a lot for your elaborate reply and kind words, Rich.

    The pole in #1 did not really bother me, but looking at it again I have to agree that it is quite distracting. I have tried cloning it away, but had trouble with the transition between the part of the pole in the sky and the part between the trees. Fortunately, I also took this picture with a slightly different foreground (without the pole). Is this one better?



    Thanks for the edit of #3. The picture looks a lot more interesting now. Shooting with a wide angle lens forced me to center the subject to reduce perspective distortion. Cropping afterwards is indeed a very good solution for making the image comply to the rule of thirds.
    Nikon D-50
    // Nikkor 70-300 f/4-5.6 VR // Nikkor 50 mm f/1.8
    // Sigma 17-70 f/2.8-4.5 ...// Nikon SB-600
    // Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6......// Nikon Series E 135 mm f/2.8
    // Kiron 105 f/2.8 Macro....// Manfrotto 190XPROB + 488RC4
    // Nikkor 35 f/1.8..........// Sigma 500 mm f/8

    My website: http://www.dennisdolkens.nl

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Maryland's Eastern Shore
    Posts
    2,143
    I do like this shot, like art it is personal opinion.

    The tree on the right adds to the framing of the shot. Shadows in the foreground and that brilliant blue sky makes this one a definite keeper.

    Spain could use it for their tourism shots and you could just sit back and collect the cash from royalties.

    I like your idea of taking multiple shots too, some things show up in my shots that I swear was not there when I took the photograph. Good to have back-ups.
    - Rich

    Nikon: D50, 18-70mm, 50mm, 70-200vr
    Kenko: 12mm, 20mm, 36mm Ext Tubes
    Manfrotto: 486RC2
    Benro: A-327 tripod


    My Flickr Photos Here

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Delfgauw, The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,207
    Quote Originally Posted by rawpaw18 View Post
    I do like this shot, like art it is personal opinion.

    The tree on the right adds to the framing of the shot. Shadows in the foreground and that brilliant blue sky makes this one a definite keeper.

    Spain could use it for their tourism shots and you could just sit back and collect the cash from royalties.

    I like your idea of taking multiple shots too, some things show up in my shots that I swear was not there when I took the photograph. Good to have back-ups.
    Thanks for the reply Rich.

    I like the idea of collecting cash from royalities , but sadly I don't think Spain would be interested in the picture. This region is not at all one of the touristic regions of Spain. It is not as spectacular to most people as the cities like Barcelona or Madrid. And I guess they will be receiving plenty of shots of their country much more beautiful than this one .

    I always take lots of shots, I filled up almost 5 GB on the three week trip to Spain (I shoot in RAW). It's nice to have a back-up for many of the images, but it does make the Post Processing take a lot longer, especially since I have to convert all these RAW files and I don't use batch conversions (the settings I apply to the images differs with many of the images).
    Nikon D-50
    // Nikkor 70-300 f/4-5.6 VR // Nikkor 50 mm f/1.8
    // Sigma 17-70 f/2.8-4.5 ...// Nikon SB-600
    // Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6......// Nikon Series E 135 mm f/2.8
    // Kiron 105 f/2.8 Macro....// Manfrotto 190XPROB + 488RC4
    // Nikkor 35 f/1.8..........// Sigma 500 mm f/8

    My website: http://www.dennisdolkens.nl

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •