Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by russellc View Post
    The article suggests a better and faster result can be obtained by converting the avi to NTSC compliant mpeg2 and creating your DVD from that with an editing programme. While you end up with an NTSC DVD the article says most dvd players and TV's here in Australia can play that anyway.

Has anyone tried that and, if so, can you comment on the result? Thanks
    I think the best answer is to play a commercial NTSC DVD and note the difference. If you have any Region 1 DVD's, which will be in NTSC, (I have a few from when I couldn't wait for new movies to be released in Australia)....then you will see there is a difference between them. As to how significant this difference is.....depends on how picky the viewer is.
    Canon 5D MKlll & Canon 50D
    Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM | Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM | Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM | Canon 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro | Canon 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4.5 | Canon 430EX Flash | Lowepro Mini Trekker AW | Lowepro Toploader 65 AW | Lowepro Slingshot 200AW | Kata 3n1-10

Panasonic Lumix FZ200
    Panasonic Lumix TZ7 (aka ZS3)
    Panasonic Lumix FT3 (aka TS3)

Ali Baba.....the Thief of Bad Gags

it depent on video resolution which your device can support and you want,you can convet avi to mpeg2 .Here is a tips:how to convert avi to mpeg2!

yea, I guess that you can use some converter tool.