Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Lightbulb So you say you want a 5D... at a decent price

Well, try this price out for size... suddenly the idea of a 5D isn't so funny any more! It may be actually doable!

Canon EOS 5D
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

i'm gonna predict scam on this one....

it prolly comes without a sensor..haha...no battery...no charger....and a burnt lcd!
    40d | 5d mk II | 2.8/16 zenitar fisheye | 16-35L | 35L | sigma 1.4/50 | sigma 2.8/50 Macro | sigma 1.4/85 | 70-200L IS
    website
    disclaimer: posts are for personal entertainment only...not to be taken seriously...ever.

Talking They sell a lot more than just cameras...

It might be worth investigating at this price.... they sell a lot of stuff, this bunch.

If you are looking for JUST the 5D body, this would be the way I'd get it and have money left over for donuts, in the morning. A lot of money!
    Last edited by DonSchap; 10-02-2006 at 10:30 AM.
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

their address matches the los angeles public library..plus they use all free software for their shopping cart...and their domain was registered july 7, 2006.
    http://www.topbuybest.com/index.php?...ntact&Itemid=3

http://www.lapl.org/branches/69.html

sorry man, just don't want anyone to get scammed...not trying to bust your balls.

just read this...this is where i got the info.....
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...=235611&page=2
    Last edited by adam75south; 10-02-2006 at 10:41 AM.
    40d | 5d mk II | 2.8/16 zenitar fisheye | 16-35L | 35L | sigma 1.4/50 | sigma 2.8/50 Macro | sigma 1.4/85 | 70-200L IS
    website
    disclaimer: posts are for personal entertainment only...not to be taken seriously...ever.

I called their phone #. Their mailbox is full. Can't imagine why.

That being said, B&H has the 5d listed at $2799. Wait two weeks for the Canon fall rebates, buy the camera and a lens or flash and get $600 off. $2199. Now that's tempting.
    Canon A720 IS, 40D w/ BG-E2N, 28 1.8, 50 1.4, Sigma 70 2.8 macro, 17-40 F4 L, 24-105 F4 L IS, 70-200 F4 L IS, 430 EX, Kenko 2X TC & Ext Tubes, AB strobes and more...
    View my photo galleries here: imageevent.com/24peter

Red face No deal... no deal at all

Yep, that EOS 5D offer does look a little too good to be true. It is amazing how much effort they must have put into the website to get it looking nearly legitimate.

Oh well... smoke and mirrors...

Come on... REBATES!

flickr & Sdi

Question Pricing... what magic does it have?

Along these lines, though... what price would the Canon EOS 1Ds MkII have to be dropped to for you to seriously consider upgrading to it?

flickr & Sdi