Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Debra Bowersox Guest

Red face NewCameraShop

Unfortunately, my son was almost a victim of this same site. Yeah, the offer seemed too good to be true. He was initially concerned cause it was in Europe too. His only saving grace was that he used his debit/credit card to purchase the moneygram and when I received Jeff's email about the scam (still not sure how he got my email as I did not make the purchase, but awfully glad I got it THANK YOU ) I contacted my son immediately cause he had gotten correspondence from them asking for the 8 digit number and all which he gave them. And then, like many of you, no correspondence after that. He made the purchase on Friday, Dec. 10. He immediately called his bank card company this morning(12-15-04) and they refunded the money to his card. He has kept all their correspondence plus I am sending him a copy of Jeff's BEWARE EMAIL for backup. He contacted the moneygram folks and the people had not picked the money up yet so they retracked it as well. Plus he contacted the store he purchased it from to let them know it is a scam. Gosh, I went back to the website and did some checking on looking at how simple it was to look up orders (per Jeff's email) and looked at how many folks are sending their money. Gosh, these people could be getting rich on us all. Did not know these informative sites existed to this extent and will in the future be more diligent in looking them up. Thank you all and sorry if you ended up a victim but you all helped us in the nick of time and probably will some others in the future.

deb

Lightbulb I have taken action

I may be the lastest victim of alldigitaldreams/newcamera shop. Wish I had found this website a few weeks ago. Anyway, this is what I've done and I invite others to join me.

1. I have filed a report with the Oslo, Norway police against Anastasiya Ogol/Milashenko. (If she exists) You can tell your story to: email: jorn.kristian.jorgensen@politiet.no

2. I have filed a report with the Putnam, CT police department against Peter Lombardo, 110 Church St., Putnam, CT 06260. He appears to be the owner of the website from the research done by another member on the forum. I have e-mailed all details to putnam.pd@snet.net.

3. I contacted Panasonic in Norway who reply that they have no knowledge of these people and they are certainly not an authorized dealer.

I urge anyone who can, to send a report to both locations, including your order numbers, moneygram numbers, and other details involved in your transactions and the fact that there was no communication after you sent the money.

What fools we were! We may not be able to get our money back....but we can try to make it very uncomfortable for these folks.

Arrow I ask everyone to join me in taking action

I have heard back from the Oslo, Norway police. They will begin the investigation to find Anastisiya Ogol/Milashenko as soon as I send them a police report from my local police. I filed a report where I live today and will send it to them when I receive it in a few days.

I filed a claim with the Internet Fraud Division of the FBI....www.ifccfbi.gov. I filed a report with the Putnam, CT police department about Peter Lombardo, 110 Church St., Putnam, CT. According to Ed on this forum, he is the alleged owner of the website. To contact them: e-mail: putnam.pd@snet.net

My contact at the Oslo, Norway police is e-mail: jorn.kristian.jorgensen@politiet.no

I urge others to join in my attempts to stop these people from defrauding others.

brix Guest

Cool New Camera Shop

WOW... I got robbed last Saturday. All my digital camaera gear. So I looked for a good deal to replenish that lost and found New Camera Shop. But... having been robbed once this week I thought just a little... and a little more... the money is supposed to be sent by Western Union so I Googled a few things. The name I was supposed to send to was:
    Name: Cecil Ray Glover
    City: Lakewood
    State: Washington
    ZIP: 98499
    So I Googled a few more things cross computed with Western Union, names etc and found a Cecil Ray Glover at Western U... coincidence?
    Western U will do Jack S to help anyone in these scams and they don't do checks of prospective scammers... why should they... they're a Bank. Banks don't get robbed any more... they’re gamekeepers turned poachers... they rob us these days with the law on their side. So... are the two Cecil Ray Glover's the same guy. Needless to say I’m a lucky guy to have not sent my cash to Cecil Ray… Anyway which crook would choose a name like Cecil Ray Glover… it was the unctuous sounding name that made me think in the first place. Sorry to all those that got scammed.

New Camera Shop and Google

I've not dealt with New Camera Shop but I assume from this board and other factors that they're a rip.
    However, I can see how people could be compelled to buy from them. For a few months now they've gotten the top advertiser placement on the right sidebar with Froogle and now the banner position on Google.
    Between the longevity and placement of the ad on Google (and Froogle) it would be very easy for people to assume they're okay. It's somewhat disconcerting to see them continue to advertise on Google with the implied legitimacy that goes with it.
    One of many lessons here for new buyers is: If you can't put it on your credit card in case you have to dispute it later - forget it.

Formerly South Wales. Now South Carolina.
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryH
    I've not dealt with New Camera Shop but I assume from this board and other factors that they're a rip.
    However, I can see how people could be compelled to buy from them. For a few months now they've gotten the top advertiser placement on the right sidebar with Froogle and now the banner position on Google.
    Between the longevity and placement of the ad on Google (and Froogle) it would be very easy for people to assume they're okay. It's somewhat disconcerting to see them continue to advertise on Google with the implied legitimacy that goes with it.
    One of many lessons here for new buyers is: If you can't put it on your credit card in case you have to dispute it later - forget it.
    I'd love to see the credit card companies actively chasing the rip-off merchants. I've had to dispute several things with CC companies over the last couple of years - all online transactions. I believe one of them was made by a waiter at a restaurant I used once as I noticed him jotting something down in a notebook when he took the card to the till.

Another was a crooked online flower shop called Kirby Croft flowers. They billed but never delivered.

I would agree - buy everything on your credit card. Recently I bought some software. It never worked so I took it back to the shop. The shop refused to refund or exchange until I told them that I'd have to dispute the entire bill through my credit card company. As the bill was for £125 and the software was only £40, they coughed up fairly promptly. Credit card companies, used wisely are one of the consumer's most powerful weapons against crooks.

freeflyfranz Guest

Lightbulb Tracing the Thieves

Just a thought. If they are appearing top of googles search list. They must be paying to be there. This means they must be using a credit card to pay for the service with google. It may not give a link to them if the credit card is stolen. But if they have been arrogant enough to use a legit credit card then google should be able to help trace them.