Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Question http://www.alldigitaldreams.com

Does Anyone have any information on http://www.alldigitaldreams.com. Has anyone bought a product from this company? and if so what was your experience. Any information is greatly appreciated.
    Thank you, Ken

From what I can tell they don't seem too honest, considering they only accept money orders which makes me believe they got tired of the credit card companies calling because of fradulent issues... But still, any info will greatly be appreciated.
    Last edited by ktixx; 11-21-2004 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Add Info

not worth it

If they only take money orders don't deal with them. There is obviously a reason why they don't want credit cards. With a credit card you will have some rights if there is a dispute. With a money order you would probably have to higher a lawyer and then going between states would be almost impossible. There are many honest mail order companies that you can deal with. Sites like pricegrabber give you a rating to go by.

tmannesto Guest

Buyer Beware

Ahhh, if it's too good to be true...

I discovered AllDigitalDreams.com and desperately wanted to take advantage of the great prices offered there. A http://reports.internic.net search revealed that the registered owner of the site is:

Domain Name: ALLDIGITALDREAMS.COM
    Registrar: GANDI
    Whois Server: whois.gandi.net
    Referral URL: http://www.gandi.net
    Name Server: NS1.IPOWERWEB.NET
    Name Server: NS1.IPOWERDNS.COM
    Updated Date: 07-nov-2004
    Creation Date: 03-nov-2004
    Expiration Date: 03-nov-2005

Yes, it is possible to start a new internet company but is it registered by GANDI? I then discovered that the wording of the message requesting payment is identical to the wording posted in threads explaining the scams of a website called fine-tronics, which later had the name changed to DiGiBest.
    ( http://www.dcresource.com/forums/arc...php/t-535.html) The message sent to me requesting payment follows:

To make the payment please contact your local Moneygram agent (closest
    locations listed below),
    fill in the required form with all the details. You need to know the
    name, city and country
    to make the payment (receive code is not required). After the payment
    will be received you will
    get the invoice from All Digital Dreams company.

Please transfer the payment to the address listed below.

Name: Anastasiya Ogol
    City: Oslo

I propose that the name has been changed to AllDigitalDreams.com and is operating out of Norway.

Buyer Beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jeff547943 Guest

www.newcamerashop.com

I am afraid I can only confirm your worst fears but at least most of you did the due diligence before parting with cash. I did part with $1500 to newcamerashop and all has gone quiet.

Note, Anastasiya Oglo is now Anastasiya Milashenko

Only wish I had found these hits before I purchased. anyway, as a warning here is how they got me:

This is an e-mail message regarding your order from AllDigitalDreams.com.

Your Order Number: ---removed for this forum--
    Item: Canon EOS 20D Gold Kit (18-55 Lens,1GB & more) - $1109.95
    Quantity: 1
    Shipping plan: UPS Express (2-3 Days)
    Total: $1134.50

To make the payment please contact your local Moneygram agent (closest locations listed below),
    fill in the required form with all the details. You need to know the name, city and country
    to make the payment (receive code is not required). After the payment will be received you will
    get the invoice from All Digital Dreams company.

Please transfer the payment to the address listed below.

Please note: You MUST NOT use the Emoneygram instead of Moneygram Money Transfer. Your payment
    will be RETURNED and order will be CANCELED.

Name: Anastasiya Milashenko
    City: Oslo

After transferring amount please send us following information typed in Moneygram agency: 8-digit
    reference number and full sender's name. As soon as we receive this information your order will be
    shipped within one business day.

You can find nearest MoneyGram locations in your area using the
    following link:

http://www.moneygram.com/servlet/Def...STRALIA&ICity=

(adding my "2 cents" to the above thorough investigation)
    Hi Everybody,
    The deal appears to be “to good to be true”. I’m very much interested in FZ20…so I tried to find out more about ALLDIGITALDREAMS:
    - the order is not completed until a dealer rep calls the prospective buyer (phone # required)
    - they accept payment only through MONEYGRAM
    - MONEYGRAM does not have a listing of this online store, as a payee (no "receive code"). They said that the absence of this code is sure sign of some sort of a scam !
    - the merchandise comes with USA warranty, but is being shipped from Oslo, Norway !?
    - there is no contact phone number.
    - curiously - there is only one item available from each merchandise category, with the exception of "Digital Photography" !
    - the site creation date (nov 3, 2004) - this may explain why there is no customer coming forward !
    Otherwise everything looks legit and I will be happy to admit that my suspicions are unfounded, if anybody provides credible proof of the contrary !
    Last edited by mihail; 11-25-2004 at 07:47 AM.

All potential buyers should also check the other similar thread, dealing with the same “to good to be true” online store. There is no doubt : this is a potential scam or these people are really feebleminded. I’ll go with the former !

nisswaED Guest

I am the unaware buyer

Hi, I wish I had found this forum before I ordered from alldigitaldreams.com. On 11/21/2004 I ordered the Panasonic digital camera package from their web site, after linking from a price comparison site. I received the intructions for the moneygram transfer to Anastasia Ogol, Oslo Norway and on 11/22 did in fact wire the money for the camera. I had to e-mail sales@alldigitaldreams.com the pickup number from the moneygram which I did. The camera would be shipped and I would receive it in 4-6days. It is now 12/3/2004 and no camera, and no response to the 2 e-mails sent to alldigitaldreams asking for tracking on the order. I saw on this forum that Gandi was where the web site originated. From the Gandi web site the information that I got on who-is alldigitaldreams.com was-Peter A. Lombardo, in Putnam, Ct. USA. I called the phone number Gandi had and left a message (of course) and received no call back (of course). Looks like this "minnesota nice" guy is out $530.00 plus the moneygram fee of $40+. Like I said, wish I had seen this forum earlier. The phrase "Buyer Beware" is really true. I have notified the FTC re: this matter, also registered a complaint with the IFCC. Hope this open confession of stupidity keeps someone else from making an impulsive mistake- Thanks for listening- Happy Holidays

killgore Guest

Exclamation Scam shop morphs. Now NewCameraShop

AllDigitalDreams just morphed into NewCameraShop http://www.newcamerashop.com/ .

The site design, the too good to be true prices and even the location on a non-existant address in downtown Oslo is the same as before, as are - without doubt - their scam (you wire them your money - they don't send you a camera).

Beware.

jriley Guest

Thumbs down newcamerashop

I'm so glad I googled "newcamerashop" before placing an order. The first hit that turned up was this forum. I was suspicious because the deal for the Cannon EOS 20D kit (for my husband for Xmas) was so much cheaper than anywhere els.l I am a bit surprised, however, to learn that the site is an outright scam.

Guess I'll have to bite the bullet and order from a legitimate source!

Happy holidays to alland thanks to everyone who posted to this thread

Formerly South Wales. Now South Carolina.
    Quote Originally Posted by jriley
    I'm so glad I googled "newcamerashop" before placing an order. The first hit that turned up was this forum. I was suspicious because the deal for the Cannon EOS 20D kit (for my husband for Xmas) was so much cheaper than anywhere els.l I am a bit surprised, however, to learn that the site is an outright scam.

Guess I'll have to bite the bullet and order from a legitimate source!

Happy holidays to alland thanks to everyone who posted to this thread
    At least ordering with a credit-card, you get protection against fraudulant transactions. With money orders and moneygrams, it's like throwing your wallet on the ground in a busy street and yelling "free money. Help yourselves".