Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Exclamation Your best chance against Scammers

Before you purchase anything on the internet, search the name of the business and you would probably find web pages like this one. You will be able to review comments about these scammers like Royal Camera, A&M Photo World, Shopping.Com, PriceTool.Com, ect, ect. You also needs to be aware of individual scammers from other countries, like Romania, France, Italy....so on. These individuals are using ads in Amazon.com, and even will reply back to you in a fake Amazon.com page about your purchase. They will ask for a Western Union Payment and in the alleged Amazon.com reply, Amazon confirms that they have posted $4G as a deposit in order to guarantee the sale/purchase. I was investigating an individual who uses Amazon.com a lot. I wa able to obtain info as to some of the addresses he owns. He also uses a Yahoo email (dieselcompany2005@yahoo.com) His address:
    Toma Alexandru
    Str Pescarilor, NR: 3
    Pitesti, Romania 0300

Toma Alexandru
    Str Republicii 222
    Pitesti, Romania 0300

Caution with the folowing Web Page:
    http://64.233.187.104/search?q=cache...en&lr=&strip=1
    **Toma Alexandru have several pages posted in it with diferent names.

If you suspect a Phishing, report it to the fedral authorities. **Right click on scammers email address and then property and copy the header. Then go to the following Web sites and file a complaint. Send copy of header.

INTERNET FRAUD COMPLAINT CENTER (http://www.ifccfbi.gov/
    FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (http://www.ftc.gov/
    Last edited by joemojica@gmail.com; 03-20-2005 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Update

Exclamation Caught in Digital Camera scam

I have ordered a camera through Amazon.com. The seller is mamameaqw@yahoo.com, the seller's name is Hanganu Marius Ionel. Prudu B5A, Pitesti, 0300, Romania. I have sent him payment of $650.00, through Money Gram on June 8th, and have not received any word back from him. I had emailed him several times to confirm payment, innitially. Then, to inquire on the status of the order. I have gotten no response from him.
    I wanted to bring this item to all of your attention, as I have a feeling he has victimized many people through different names. He is still an active seller on amazon and many other camera sites, through different names. If any of you have any information, please let me know.
    I have contacted Amazon, my local authorities, the FBI and the Romanian Commerce department. I feel like a fool for ever allowing this to happen. I have a lot of company, unfortunately. Be very wary of Romanian sellers and NEVER send anyone a money wire, no matter how official the documents they provide look. That was the stupidest thing I could have done. Contact me at artaqq@southslope.net, if you have any information.