Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Need Honest Opinion

Here is a shot I took today of a flower in our backyard. Please give me your honest opinion and suggestions. Using a FinePix S602 Zoom. Please note I shrunk them down to 600 pixels for ease of loading.

Russ

I think it look gorgeous.

Is it a compact camera, I might give it a look.

Formerly South Wales. Now South Carolina.
    Good Heavens. Turquoise edges on the petals.

I suppose it is a 2-year-old camera design after all. Pity the firmware hasn't been updated to reflect this.

The photos are quite nice. I'm not sure whether the top two are sharp. The bottom is crisp though.

Need Opinion

Hi Rhys,

The Tuquiose edging, is that something I am stuck with on this camera? Or is it something I could have corrected? Also sharpness top 2 are not as clean as bottom, but I could not get it to focus all parts of flowers?

Thank you for your input, helpful suggestions will hopefully get me on the road to bringin you guys some sweet photos of the Sunny AZ desert here. ;-)

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by Milezone
    Hi Rhys,

The Tuquiose edging, is that something I am stuck with on this camera? Or is it something I could have corrected? Also sharpness top 2 are not as clean as bottom, but I could not get it to focus all parts of flowers?

Thank you for your input, helpful suggestions will hopefully get me on the road to bringin you guys some sweet photos of the Sunny AZ desert here. ;-)

Russ
    Ah! Another Desert Rat. Should be some great monsoon fireworks this weekend. I would suggest trying to get some lightning pictures. I missed the show about a week ago by a couple of minutes, and only managed one wimpy bolt (not worth posting).

I am slowly posting up on smugmug, so I don't eat up Jeff's bandwidth.

http://d70fan.smugmug.com/

As soon as the temperatures drop a little (September/October) I am planning to shoot Verde Valley, and some of the lower desert areas around the Colorado River.
    D7000, D70, CP990, CP900, FE.
    50mm f/1.8, Sigma 18-125, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8, Nikon 18-105 VR, Nikon 55-200 VR, Nikon 43-86 f/3.5 AiS, Vivitar 28-90 F/2.8-3.5 Macro, Vivitar 75-205 F/3.8-4.8, SB800.
    Ha! See, I can change...

http://d70fan.smugmug.com/

Formerly South Wales. Now South Carolina.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milezone
    Hi Rhys,

Russ
    Yes. I'm afraid turquoise is something consistant with cameras that old. I had it on my Olympus C200 Zoom, in 2001.

Sharpness - that's easy - that relates to depth of field. You have to use a narrower aperture in order to increase depth.

A narrower apeture also decreases/eliminates chromatic abberations such as the one discussed above. My S602 never seems to fringe noticably at F4.5 and above, and I rarely shoot macros wider open than that, mostly because of depth of field.

Jake

Site: Starflower Studios
    Camera: Fuji S602
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    God is Dead.
    --Nietzsche, 1882

Nietzsche is Dead.
    --God, 1900

Nietzsche and God both died on a hill in South Viet Nam, January 1967.
    --Bryant Wetzel, 2004