Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

A100 Problem Displays Photos on LCD

I just bought the Sony A100 and I am slowly learn to use it after years of using 35mm film cameras. I have a Sony Maciva camera with a diskette and a little HP camera that uses an SD card so I have a little knowledge of using memory cards.

My problem with the A100 is I use a 2GB Compact Flash but after taking the picture, if I turn the camera off for any length of time I can't access the pictures with the camera. I can take the Compact Flash out and view the pictures on my computer but not on my camera's LCD. I've formatted the Compact Flash but that doesn't seem to solve the problem. Does anyone have any info to solve my problem? I'm about ready to call the Sony customer service line and wait and wait and wait on the phone for an answer. Any help you can give me will be appreciated.

Talking Personally, I'd return it for another

I have not experienced the same issue, so I would have to say... its off to the SONY help desk or return it for another.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

RE: A100 problem Displays...

I have no trouble with my A100 in viewing stored images.
    Apart from the obvious question... You do know how to view stored images, yes?

I am taking a guess here...

Is the settings for the camera set to "mass storage"?

Go over the "read this first" pamplet.