Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I just snapped a picture on Manual at 250 and F9 and the picture was just as washed out. I could see no change or improvement.

Did you check the ISO? Did you check the exposure compensation in P mode? If that is at zero then I dont know whats wrong, it may be the camera. If all the settings are normal, I would stop by a local camera store and have someone look at it.
    Jason

"A coward dies a thousand deaths, a soldier dies but once."-2Pac

A bunch of Nikon stuff!

I do not know how to check most of the settings. I am going out of town tomorrow and will stop by the camera store where I bought it and ask them to look at it. Thanks for all your help.

I explained how to check the exposure compensation earlier......
    Jason

A bunch of Nikon stuff!

I carried my camera back to where I bought it this morning and she could not understand the problem, so she called Nikon and to make a long story short, it was the 50 mm AF Nikon lens. She switched lenses on the camera and the picture looked good. I came home and tried my other Nikon AF lenses and the picture is okay. I did not know a lens could go bad but Nikon said something might have gotten bent. Looking back this lens was never as sharp as my other Nikon lenses. I have taken really good care of my lenses and I don't think it was anything I did to get something bent. Thanks for everyone's help and I am sure there will be other questions later on.

So the aperture mechanism was not working on your lens... With that knowledge the results do make sense. Does the 50mm you have work still on your film SLR though? Which one is it, the f1.8 or the f1.4?
    Canon EOS 350D, Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 macro, Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 DC EX, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM, Tokina AT-X124 Pro 12-24mm F4, Soligor 1.7x C/D4 DG Teleconvertor, Manfrotto 724B tripod, Canon Powershot S30

It is f1.8. I haven't used it in over two years but it worked okay then, but as I said it was never a real sharp lens as my other nikon lenses are. Where can I get my best buy on a new Nikon 1.8 lens? How much do they cost now? I have not bought a lens in several years. I am not sure I would to pay the extra for the f1.4.

I want to add that the camera shop recommended the D series for my camera. The Nikon AF lenses that I own are not the D series. Can someone tell me if my present lenses will make a big difference in the quality of the pictures?

The 50mm f1.8 is a bit over 100$ I think, it is a lot odf lens for not too much money, and it should be in most peoples lens collection.

The question about your other lenses is hard to anser when you do not say what other lenses you have. The best judge on how they perform on your new D50 are you yourself... if the results please you, then do not let any camera shop try to push you into buying a whole new collection!
    Canon EOS 350D, Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 macro, Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 DC EX, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM, Tokina AT-X124 Pro 12-24mm F4, Soligor 1.7x C/D4 DG Teleconvertor, Manfrotto 724B tripod, Canon Powershot S30

The Nikon 50mm 1.8D would be the best choice for you. Here is a link to PBase. The link will take you directly to pictures that were taken using the 50mm 1.8D..........

http://www.pbase.com/cameras/nikon/50_18_afd
    Jason

A bunch of Nikon stuff!