Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Bug In Capture NX

After "fixing" my previous problem I have begun to see the runtime errors again but this time I am able to reopen the software and it will work. It seems if I use the software for long periods of time(over an hour) it will give these errors and need to close. I submitted one of the error logs that contained some error info to the Microsoft tech that has been helping me with this for over a week. He got back to me today and confirmed that the problem is with Nikons software and that there are "bugs in the software". I am debating whether or not to forward that email to Nikon because they tend not to care.

That "small percent" Nikon referred to earlier, well its going to grow and grow til they submit a fix for the software. Too bad, I really like using this as my primary editing tool.

Just wanted to share this information with the rest of the Capture NX users.
    Last edited by jcon; 08-13-2006 at 01:44 PM.
    Jason

"A coward dies a thousand deaths, a soldier dies but once."-2Pac

A bunch of Nikon stuff!

I received an email from Nikon support this afternoon letting me know that they have updated NX to version 1.0.1 and they claim it "should" fix the problems I described in the following thread...

http://www.dcresource.com/forums/sho...=Nikon+capture

Here is the link to the new Capture NX version....

http://support.nikontech.com/cgi-bin...?p_faqid=14058

I would be curious to here from anyobdy that tried the new version because my "old" version works fine now and I am afraid to mess with it by installing the newer version.
    Jason

"A coward dies a thousand deaths, a soldier dies but once."-2Pac

A bunch of Nikon stuff!