Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Thread: new to it all

new to it all

hi i am looking to buy a digital camera that is pretty nice, but the problem is i dont really know anything about them, i was wondering if anyone could help suggest any cameras that take really good pictures and are relatively cheap

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nosignal
    hi i am looking to buy a digital camera that is pretty nice, but the problem is i dont really know anything about them, i was wondering if anyone could help suggest any cameras that take really good pictures and are relatively cheap

thanks
    http://www.dcresource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5111
    Canon dSLR User

i was wondering if anyone could help suggest any cameras that take really good pictures and are relatively cheap
    I would check out the Canon's that Jeff recomends...

http://www.dcresource.com/buyersguide/
    Doug
    Pentax K200D,Pentax 18-250,Sigma 70-300 APO DG macro
    Kodak Z915
    http://picasaweb.google.com/pas49ras

Budget
    >$200

Size
    doesnt matter

Features
    im not sure but from what i read the more megapixels the better the quality, so the more the better

id like to have the standard zoom

image quality is important probably 10

Do you care for manual controls? im not sure

General Usage

* What will you generally use the camera for? mostly making frame by frame movies

* Will you be making big prints of your photos or not? probably not

Will you be shooting a lot of indoor photos or low light photos? most likely

Will you be shooting sports and/or action photos? maybe a little

Miscellaneous

Are there particular brands you like or hate? nope

Are there particular models you already have in mind? any good ones

(If applicable) Do you need any of the following special features? (Wide Angle, Image Stabilization, Weatherproof, Hotshoe, Rotating LCD)not sure so im gonna go with no

Most of the canon cameras have easy settings where the camera pretty much decides for you what it thinks will be the best. When you decide to play around or when you get more fermiliar with the terms of how cameras work and what they do then you can move into manual mode and pretty much do just about anything you want.

Just about every digital canon camera that you get now has all of these settings.

Canon has small ones like the SD series that fit in your pocket easy but they use a rechargable pack wich i dont care for. I prefer to use standard batteries so in the future when i decide to sell it or give it to a family member i know they wont have problems with power or specialized high priced packs.

One thing i found useful is a swivel screen. If your creating movies you may find a creative shot where the swivel LCD comes in handy.

thank you very much for your help i would rather use batteries too, could you possibly recomend some other brands and models, ill definatley check out the cannons, i just thought it would be a little more helpful for comparing. thanks a lot.

also i would like to have the option to control my settings a little at least thanks again
    Last edited by nosignal; 09-03-2006 at 10:25 PM.