Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Hello all, Need some help with a purchase desicion.

Budget

* What budget have you allocated for buying this camera?
    <400 dollars. Unless one is so much better, at a close price.

Size
    Camera size doesn't matter to me.

Features

How many megapixels will suffice for you? 6 or >

* What optical zoom will you need? Standard (4x)

* How important is “image quality” to you? 10

Do you care for manual controls? I'd like to have them. I never understood how to use them, but I have a desire to learn.

General Usage

* What will you generally use the camera for? Taking pictures while I am hiking. Old structures,Woodsy things, Summits. Then some everyday stuff. My car, friends and family... Mostly the hiking though.

* Will you be making big prints of your photos or not? Nope

Will you be shooting a lot of indoor photos or low light photos? Not really, And if I do, I don't care too much about great quality.

Will you be shooting sports and/or action photos? Same as above.

Miscellaneous

Are there particular brands you like or hate? I'd like a Canon, I've heard great things about them.

Are there particular models you already have in mind? None.

(If applicable) Do you need any of the following special features? (Wide Angle, Image Stabilization, Weatherproof, Hotshoe, Rotating LCD) NEED, no, It might helpful if the camera had some though.

Take a look at the Canon A620. It is 7.1mp / 4x optical zoom / manual controls / rotating LCD / optical viewfinder. It also is well within your budget, tipping the financial scales right at $215. The A620 uses AA batteries, which may be a benefit while travelling. It also can use the AA Lithium (non-rechargeable) batteries and get over 1000 shots per set.

There are two new models in this line from Canon - A630/A640. I have seen no reviews for either, and they are not available in stores as of yet. The A620 is a steal, and I can't imagine that the others will fullfil your needs any better than this one.

Awsome, I will definatly consider that one.
    Thanks for the help.