Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Panasonic camera IS system.

I went to orchid show yesterday, armed with my beloved FZ20. Indoors setting - not ideal place for ultra zooms.
    I fired a few shots away anyway though I doubt they will be any good since the best shutter speed I could get was 1/20 second on ISO200. (I doubt anyone would use ISO400 on FZ20? For special circumstance maybe.. such as UFO sighting or Yeti....?)
    I was very surprised I got many sharp photos back. If I tried harder, I would have many more. No post processing, only reducing image size.

Edit: ISO200, shutter 1/15 second. F/2.8.
    Last edited by tim11; 11-20-2006 at 02:56 AM.

2 more at 1/15 second.

And one at 1/5 second.

Brooklyn NY (eight months out of the year), Houston TX and Wichita Kansas

You know you're lying-right?

You know no way a Panasonic FZ (any) can make those shots-right?

It is futile to show what the FZ20 can do. There are legions of Pansonic haters who will low-rate or put down the FZ breed out of hand. You also know the Panasonic IS system sux too-right?

So from now on, keep those secrets to yourself, or just between us FZ owners-OK?

Quote Originally Posted by EdGreene
    You know no way a Panasonic FZ (any) can make those shots-right?

It is futile to show what the FZ20 can do. There are legions of Pansonic haters who will low-rate or put down the FZ breed out of hand. You also know the Panasonic IS system sux too-right?

So from now on, keep those secrets to yourself, or just between us FZ owners-OK?

Great, his unwarranted sarcasm is back!

Great pictures BTW Tim! Like I have said ever since I purchased my FZ20, its a GREAT camera! Thanks for sharing, Tim!
    Jason

"A coward dies a thousand deaths, a soldier dies but once."-2Pac

A bunch of Nikon stuff!

Brooklyn NY (eight months out of the year), Houston TX and Wichita Kansas

Read between the lines...

Quote Originally Posted by jcon

Great pictures BTW Tim! Like I have said ever since I purchased my FZ20, its a GREAT camera! Thanks for sharing, Tim!
    How did you miss the fact my "unwarranted sarcasm" was not directed at Tim or FZ owners, but at those Panasonic haters and non-owners who would put-down the FZ breed out of hand?
    That my idea of ďsarcasmĒ is in fact ironic praise in that the FZ breed has been either universally lauded or lambasted by far too many.
    Whatís more, Iíve never not supported the FZs, owning two myself. To those then who would and do criticize the FZ breed out of spite or envy, I give (gave) the back of my hand.

And why could you not glean from my comments the same adulation for Tim's shots as you gratuitously did? Or did the inferences and innuendos skip by over your head?

Right now, Iíll choose to think your acerbic comments (above) were directed to someone else.

EdGreene, FZ owner

Tim,

Nice work. Thanks for sharing.
    FZ20 Apr 2006 Sunpak 383
    G10 Dec 2008

Nice photos and do not overlook the value that a flash and/or a monopod can make in those conditions.

Gene
    http://grc225.zenfolio.com/
    http://imageevent.com/grc6
    one of these days I'll understand!

Panasonic FZ20 & FZ30,FZ18
    D50 -- D80

Thanks everyone.
    Genece: I still have to buy a monopod yet, though I can see how it can come very handy. As for flash setting - bounce and all, I wouldn't think direct flash, the vendors would start charging me for money if I looked too serious.

Quote Originally Posted by jcon
    Just add him to your ignore list jcon. http://www.dcresource.com/forums/pro...ignore&u=12187

Well done Tim, holding steady at 1/15th much less 1/5th is not easy for most people.