Budget

* What budget have you allocated for buying this camera? Please be as specific as possible. $500, btu coudl go a little more if the right camera is available

Size

* What size camera are you looking for? Or does size not matter at all to you?
Compact or Ultra COmpact

Features

How many megapixels will suffice for you? 6-8

* What optical zoom will you need? (None, Standard = 3x-4x, Ultrazoom = 10x-12x, Other - Specify) 4, Ultarzoom woudl be nice, but I understand they are larger

* How important is “image quality” to you? (Rate using a scale of 1-10)

Do you care for manual controls? I'm use to the basis functionaluty that is on the Sony DSC V1, unfortunantly the camera image now shakes

General Usage

* What will you generally use the camera for? Dog Pictures, I breed and Show Labradors, will be taking pictures of puppies indoors, but also outdoors while attending dog shows. ALso baby pictures which will be indoors

* Will you be making big prints of your photos or not? typically 4x6 on my epson printer

Will you be shooting a lot of indoor photos or low light photos? about 1/2 indoor 1/2 out door

Will you be shooting sports and/or action photos? some movement at dog show, but want a camera with a fast recycle time, so I can take multiple pictures of a dog when they are standing, sometimes they my be 20-30 feet away

Miscellaneous

Are there particular brands you like or hate? no

Are there particular models you already have in mind? I saw the N30 had good reviews, but was concerned about outdoor shooting ability

(If applicable) Do you need any of the following special features? (Wide Angle, Image Stabilization, Weatherproof, Hotshoe, Rotating LCD) Image stabalization maybe