Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Getting prints made

Has anyone found a decent place on-line to have prints made from digital images that doesn't have obnoxious shipping charges like a certain fish out there? Or, take as long as a certain fly? Thanks

Shipping costs money?

Just saying.

Tim

hey snapfish charges as low as 15 cents per picture including shipping if you buy enough. if you want to keep from shipping problems just upload to walmart and have in store pickup. in 1 hr you can get your photos right from there with no shpping and the website says as low as 12 cents per photo. I have never used this though so I am not sure how good it is. some people complained that their photos came out much different than they were before being uploaded.(colors were off or something)

I have used Sam's Club, which I assume is equivalent to Walmart, and have always had very good results. I have also uploaded some photos to Walmart to be picked up by relatives, and they have said the photos turned out great. Just make sure that you select "no color correction" when you have the photos printed and choose in-store pickup. The least expensive option will be in-store 2-3 day delivery, followed by home delivery(including delivery charges), followed by 1-hour pickup in the local store.

Ray.

I tried three online printers - Shutterfly, EasyShare and Winkflash. All were good, but for me, Shutterfly won out because their color match was the best. Their per print charge for 4X6 was the highest (19 cents) versus EashyShare (15 cents) and Winkflash (12 cents), but you can get prepaid plans that lower the price.

Shutterfly and Easyshare had comparable shipping charges, while Winkflash charges a flat 99 cents, regardless of print order size. At this point, I will probably use Shutterfly again, although I still have to try my local Wal-Mart and Costco.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Schnoor
    I have used Sam's Club, which I assume is equivalent to Walmart, and have always had very good results. I have also uploaded some photos to Walmart to be picked up by relatives, and they have said the photos turned out great. Just make sure that you select "no color correction" when you have the photos printed and choose in-store pickup. The least expensive option will be in-store 2-3 day delivery, followed by home delivery(including delivery charges), followed by 1-hour pickup in the local store.

Ray.

I use Sam's Club online service quite a bit and have been very satisfied with three different store's in-store 1-hour printing. The couple of times I've used the 2-3 day delivery, the results were OK but a bit darker.

Ray, do you know what the shipping charges are for home delivery? They advertise 11 cents per print, but the shipping charges are hidden until you start to make a purchase using that option.

Also, I've never noticed the option for "no color correction" when I order prints. Perhaps that is the default option for the stores I use, because the colors have always been accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Dilks
    I use Sam's Club online service quite a bit and have been very satisfied with three different store's in-store 1-hour printing. The couple of times I've used the 2-3 day delivery, the results were OK but a bit darker.

Ray, do you know what the shipping charges are for home delivery? They advertise 11 cents per print, but the shipping charges are hidden until you start to make a purchase using that option.

Also, I've never noticed the option for "no color correction" when I order prints. Perhaps that is the default option for the stores I use, because the colors have always been accurate.
    I have never used their 2-3 day home delivery, but they list their shipping charges as $1.20 for the 1st 10 prints, and then $0.30 for every additional 10 prints.

I just went to their site, and I don't see anywhere to select "no color correction". It must have been another site that I saw it.

Ray.

Free shipping?

I don't know about free shipping at Snapfish . . . how many do you have to buy? I purchased 500 pre-paid prints, which brought the price down to 10 cents a print, but then was charged another $21.08 for shipping the 315 prints I ordered. That brings it back up to 16 cents a print & about a week wait. And, that's for regular old mail not even any tracking on the shipment (or cardboard so I hear). Talk about making a profit. The 2nd test order I tried with their normal 12 cent pricing & it actually charged me .128 cents a print which calculates closer to 13 cents a print. Doesn't sound like big deal, but definitely shady practice. By the way, their pre-paid discounts that bring prints down to 10 cents don't apply when you pick them up at store locations like Walmart. The CVS pharmacys are stating to sound good; they come down to 15 cents during sales & are done in a couple of hours. Can't believe there's nothing better on-line.

well I am pretty sure I calculated that if you buy enough prints preordering of course and add on shipping 4x6 prints can be like 14.97 cents or something but it fhtey charge 12.8 cents instead of 12 cents then it would be like 16 cents.

Snapfish's website lists their shipping charge for regular mail as $0.99 for the 1st 5 prints, and then $0.49 for each additional 10 prints.

Ray.