Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Well i was talking about the mechanism inside lens assembly. ball and spring goes in the hole where the pointer is showing. On the side where you put it was just a single spring without a ball . I'think.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Well here goes nothing Finally got it together just two screws leftover
    Hopefully not very important in functunality and/or structural integrity.

Wow it finaly works.

It was realy annoying to screw so much screws just to clean dirt from the inside.
    Last edited by jani; 08-20-2006 at 03:59 PM.

The 2 screws are they metal or plastic thread? you can see the different right? the metal thread screws look small and tight, the plastic slef tapping are a wider more angle.

I always forgot the 2 screws in the front under the shutter button and on the side of the battery tray.

The long one goes on the side by the speaker.

Also there are a few that have the heads painted dark grey, those match the color of the case.
    My camera gear Found on e-bay.

For one of them i remembered where it should be but the second one is a bit puzzling because it's a bit smaller than usual screws are (a bit smaller diameter and a bit smaller head).

Quote Originally Posted by jani
    For one of them i remembered where it should be but the second one is a bit puzzling because it's a bit smaller than usual screws are (a bit smaller diameter and a bit smaller head).

The spring and ball go in the hole you said, there is anotehr hole on the apature side also. So does the ball go on the apature then the spring or does the spring go on then the ball sites on that? Im not sure how that would work but it sounds like a pain to get them to balance and sit on there while you slip the lens between the outter lens and apature on.

The only small screws i can remember is the 3 on the back of the CCD and i think there were 3 small ones that held the mechanism to the large gear the whole lens mechanism mounts to.

Why did you take yours so far apart?

Im not taking my apart anymore, mine is working really good now no binding no dragging and no noise. Ist smooth as butter now so im gona leave it. Im afraid if i try to do anything different it will start to bind up again.

I had my camera in glove compartment in my car. I guess it was a bumpy ride or something, but i got some dirt on IR filter in front of the ccd sensor (well i had to put my camera totaly apart to figure exact location). In dim location it was not a problem but if i went out on to the sun it was very disturbing. So i decided to figure out what is the problem. Ohnestly when i took it apart i thought i would never got it together again or even in working state.
    I almost give up but when i saw your manual i got the courage to put it together again.
    Puttin the spring and ball isn't such a problem.
    Before you slide on the last lens "front lens" just before those two rods slide in the holes. First goes the spring and then the ball. Ball is then pressing on the rod.
    Well mine is working too so i probably won't take it apart either.
    Maybe if i got really really ... bored and decided to put those two screws back inside

Quote Originally Posted by jani
    I had my camera in glove compartment in my car. I guess it was a bumpy ride or something, but i got some dirt on IR filter in front of the ccd sensor (well i had to put my camera totaly apart to figure exact location). In dim location it was not a problem but if i went out on to the sun it was very disturbing. So i decided to figure out what is the problem. Ohnestly when i took it apart i thought i would never got it together again or even in working state.
    I almost give up but when i saw your manual i got the courage to put it together again.
    Puttin the spring and ball isn't such a problem.
    Before you slide on the last lens "front lens" just before those two rods slide in the holes. First goes the spring and then the ball. Ball is then pressing on the rod.
    Well mine is working too so i probably won't take it apart either.
    Maybe if i got really really ... bored and decided to put those two screws back inside
    Cool, so my pictures helped you get it back together? thats cool

Probabaly another of my legendary stupid questions but where the heck does the TV remote come into the exercise of pulling apart the S2?

Or is that for the next instalment, putting it all back together again?

TEMPA

Quote Originally Posted by TEMPA View Post
    Probabaly another of my legendary stupid questions but where the heck does the TV remote come into the exercise of pulling apart the S2?

Or is that for the next instalment, putting it all back together again?

TEMPA
    Well, it took me a few hours so i have to have some accompaniment. Thats where the remote comes in.

You dont watch tv where you live? i mean not even the discovery channel?

Quote Originally Posted by BowerR64 View Post
    Well, it took me a few hours so i have to have some accompaniment. Thats where the remote comes in.

You dont watch tv where you live? i mean not even the discovery channel?
    Yeah we have TV.

But if I was pulling that thing apart, and I had all those parts spread out on the bench in front of me, watching TV would be the last thing on my mind.

I would only need something to wipe the nervous sweat from my brow...

Good job. I wouldn't do it...

TEMPA