Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Anyone have any custom boot screens?

I have a few custom boot screens i made back when i got my A510, and i have a custom startup sound also.

Here are the 2 i made if anyone wants em.

My camera gear Found on e-bay.

yea i used the water and tropical screens that come with the s3
    Canon Powershot S3 IS
    Canon EOS 40D + Battery Grip BG-E2N | EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L USM | EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM | EF 85mm f/1.8 USM | EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM | EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS USM II | 580EX II |
    Flickr - blentley
    CSC

I havnt even tried the S3 disk, im still using the software that came with my S2. Is there any difference?

I dont thnk so.. my A60 and my A520 had the same ones.. S2 and S3.. i dont think thered be a diff not a big one
    Nikon D80 + TAmROn 17-50mm f/2.8
    - Sandisk 2GB Extreme III SD Card
    - Crumpler 5 Million Dollar Home

- had Canon PowerShot S3 IS

For some of my shots:http://flickr.com/photos/truflip/

That's great! How would one make a custom startup screen?

Jim
    Jim
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/januaryman/
    Canon A20, A620, S3 IS
    all great cameras!

im guessing you would load a pic up from pc to camera then use that pic as the background
    Canon Powershot S3 IS
    Canon EOS 40D + Battery Grip BG-E2N | EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L USM | EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM | EF 85mm f/1.8 USM | EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM | EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS USM II | 580EX II |
    Flickr - blentley
    CSC

Well there is a little more to it then that. First i think the images for the camera are 96bit or somthing. I had to convert it using adobe. Then you load it into the zoombrowser folder and name it similar to the names they used.

You use the zoombrowser and then you select the "set to camera" option. There are 3 selections for each. Startup screen has 3 to chose, shutter sound etc. You can customize 2 the others you cant remove or change.

They have some sounds that are loaded in off the disk for the shutter that sound really cool. The one i use on all my cameras is called EOS_1_LIKE it has a neat shutter sound with a little motor sound mixed in there also.

I use this chicken sound for my timmer, it always makes people laugh wich helps for a good shot. I say "ok say cheese" then hit the timmer and you hear
    BK BK BK BGOCK! lol
    Last edited by BowerR64; 08-04-2006 at 07:36 AM.

That chicken Idea is pretty funny, I think that ill set my camera to that too. Right now im using the tropical theme which is not default on the camera, but comes in that extra list on the computers. It has sounds of waves and other "tropical" sounds. As for custom boot screens, Im pretty good in photoshop, because I do webdesign, but I guess I could make a few, just to try.