Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Where can I get best price on a new d50 body?

I have been lurking here for weeks...........and I have heard guys saying you can get these bodies new for around $450 - The best I have found on Ebay is $550 for body only. There are also some decent package deals with sigma lens on ebay for around the $900- 1000 price. I am wanting to buy one today or tomorrow for a trip I am taking next week. THANKS

Quote Originally Posted by SVTGolfer
    I have been lurking here for weeks...........and I have heard guys saying you can get these bodies new for around $450 - The best I have found on Ebay is $550 for body only. There are also some decent package deals with sigma lens on ebay for around the $900- 1000 price. I am wanting to buy one today or tomorrow for a trip I am taking next week. THANKS
    First of all - don't buy from Ebay - you are just asking for trouble - half the time the sellers on there are creating packages full of garbage and even more often, the sellers aren't even authorized dealers (gray market). 2nd - it isn't always about the best price, I mean if you are really looking for bargains, I have some great waterfront land in south central florida that I will sell you real cheap! (understand what I mean?). Seriously though - take a look at this thread http://www.dcresource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14677 for an idea of where to shop. Spending $20 or $30 more will almost guarantee you a problem free shopping experiance.
    Good Luck.
    Canon dSLR User

RitzCamera.com is selling them for $550 with a Quantaray lens. They're also selling them for $550 body only. I normally wouldn't recommend Ritz, but the D50 body only kits are very scarce, so your choices are slim. I believe that some stores are selling them refurbished for $500, give or take a little. I've never seen a legitimate store sell a D50 for less than that.

I bought my D50 body and numerous point and shoot cameras through butterflyphoto.com without problems. The trick is not to buy any of their upgrade packages. They are not a hard-sell-type business. Here is a link for the Nikon D50 SLR Digital Camera w/ 18-55mm F/3.5-5.6G Lens

http://www.butterflyphoto.com/shop/b...spx?sku=D50KIT.

I believe the D50 at 550 from Ritz is a pretty good deal. Good luck.

Bob