Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Best Canon Rebel XT Flash Memory Card

I am going to buy a Canon Rebel XT.

I want to buy a 4GB flash card with it and I want to know what the best card would be for performance.

Anyone have models and links?

Thanks

While there may be huge differences between cards while used in a card reader, the differences of slow vs fast cards in an XT are relativily small.

With some cameras you have to really mind what kind of card you use (KM 5D/7D and Fuji Pro 3 spring to mind, they can be dissasterously slow with some card makes/models), but you are going to get decent rates on an XT even with the cheaper end of cards.

Sandisk is a reliable choice, and the normal, extreme and extreme II (are those the correct names?) will all perform well, with the most expensive giving a marginal improvement.
    Canon EOS 350D, Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 macro, Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 DC EX, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM, Tokina AT-X124 Pro 12-24mm F4, Soligor 1.7x C/D4 DG Teleconvertor, Manfrotto 724B tripod, Canon Powershot S30

Quote Originally Posted by coldrain
    Sandisk is a reliable choice, and the normal, extreme and extreme II (are those the correct names?) will all perform well, with the most expensive giving a marginal improvement.
    I think it's normal, Ultra-II, and Extreme-III. Cards are basically commodities, with slight differences in quality. I don't know how fast the XT can write, I would guess that it's worth getting the Ultra-II level (60x) card, either from Sandisk or another manufacturer. I don't know if the XT can take advantage of the Extreme-II level (133x) speed, but it won't hurt it.

-dave-

Formerly South Wales. Now South Carolina.
    I use ordinary CF cards with my XT. As I don't need to shoot sport at a high frame rate, it doesn't matter to me that they're slower. They still store in a very short time. I've never found them lacking.

In my opinion the faster cards are goodbut only for sport. If you're not shooting sport then use slower cards and pay less for them. If eventually you shoot sport then by the time you do, faster cards will be cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by lundrog
    I am going to buy a Canon Rebel XT.

I want to buy a 4GB flash card with it and I want to know what the best card would be for performance.

Anyone have models and links?

Thanks
    Check out Rob Galbraith. The differences will show up while shooting "burst" mode photos and while downloading if you use a USB 2 connection. If you shoot sports, or just like to hold the shutter button down, then you might profit by using a fast card. Otherwise, most CF cards are reliable...

Enjoy...

Clyde

Might want to check out the Ridata 150x cards on NewEgg. Really good price and good performance also. The 150xs are the silver Pro models not the Pro 2.

I was looking at Amazon, I am going to buy the camera and flash, 440EX, and memory in one spot. Looking for the best deal, and they have free shipping on everything but the memory.