Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

young_pap Guest

SLR Camera For Quality Digital Photos

Hi All,
    First post hooray!
    First of all let me introduce myself, I am Matt, from Southampton UK. I am a fanatic golfer and have a passion for photography.
    I have saved up for a few months, and I am after a quality digital SLR Camera, which i can take some fantastic pictures of some golf shots. I need my camera to be able to take around 3-5 pictures a second, if this is possible. I also have some good friends who are bouncers around my area, and i believe i can become official photographer at local Bars, Nightclubs, Events etc.

Thanks,
    Matt

Formerly South Wales. Now South Carolina.
    Quote Originally Posted by young_pap
    Hi All,
    First post hooray!
    First of all let me introduce myself, I am Matt, from Southampton UK. I am a fanatic golfer and have a passion for photography.
    I have saved up for a few months, and I am after a quality digital SLR Camera, which i can take some fantastic pictures of some golf shots. I need my camera to be able to take around 3-5 pictures a second, if this is possible. I also have some good friends who are bouncers around my area, and i believe i can become official photographer at local Bars, Nightclubs, Events etc.

Thanks,
    Matt
    Most of the dSLRs should suit that. You'll need something with AF assist though. Canon does not have AF assist unless you use a Canon flashgun.

Lightbulb For the frame speed you are talkin' about...

The Canon EOS 30D sounds like it was made to order for you, Matt. With the ability to toggle frame speed between 3.5 - 5 fps... it may cover all the bases without having to look much further.

Considered to be one of the finest APS-C sensor cameras... I suggest you get yourself down to the local "SNAP SHOP"... and take a gander.

Also, while you are there... throw a Canon EF 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM lens on that spectacular body... for those indoor bar shots. It's probably easier to get than the TAmROn SP AF17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di II LD... which would be QUITE a bit cheaper and the preferred loss in a "bar fight" or "pub brawl".

"Hey! Dog gone ya! That'd be my 30D you're muckin' about with!"
    Name:  bar-fight camera motion.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  109.8 KB

You see how quickly order can break down, when you are out snappin' with a quality rig?
    Last edited by DonSchap; 07-22-2006 at 09:24 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi