Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Cameras with Fold-Out LCDs

I'm looking for a camera with a fold out/swivel LCD Display...i know of several SLR and other professional cameras with this feature, but i'm looking for more of a point and shoot camera, it needs to be compact. Does anyone know of smaller cameras, other than the Canon A620 or A610 (which are not very eye-pleasing) with fold-out LCDs? I know of the Kodak EasyShare One, but maybe there's another one with better performance like those Canons that i don't know about.

Talking Buy a S3 IS

This camera has this feature and is highly recommended for both Image Quality and Versatility.

Name:  s3is_586x225.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  23.3 KB

Good luck with your new camera purchase.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 07-18-2006 at 02:54 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

The other ones I know about are the Canon G5 and A80, Nikon Coolpix 5400 and the Pentax optio 750Z

Among the more compact models, there are the Pentax Optio 750Z:

...and Optio X:

...and the Nikon Coolpix S4:

The 750Z is the only one with the swiveling LCD. The X and the S4 use a rotating lens design instead, which gives you much of the same flexibility. I don't believe their image quality quite matches that of the Canon models, but they are perhaps a little more svelte.

Stephanie
    My Nikon D80 gallery
    My Fujifilm FinePix F30 and F10 galleries

SLR stuff: Nikon D80 | Nikon F80 | Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF AF-S DX Zoom | Nikkor AF 24mm f/2.8D | Nikkor AF 35mm f/2D | Nikkor AF 50mm f/1.8 | Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM | Tamron SP AF 28-75mm f/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) | Tamron SP AF 24-135mm f/3.5-5.6 AD Aspherical (IF) | Nikon SB-600 Speedlight

P&S stuff: Fujifilm FinePix F30 | Fujifilm FinePix F10

Accessories: Slik Sprint Pro GM tripod

Thanks for all the replies, ill definitely go and research some of these.

Quote Originally Posted by damien
    Does anyone know of smaller cameras, other than the Canon A620 or A610 (which are not very eye-pleasing) with fold-out LCDs?
    I think the A610/A620 are the smallest. Why aren't they eye-pleasing? I like their looks.

Quote Originally Posted by bascom
    I think the A610/A620 are the smallest. Why aren't they eye-pleasing? I like their looks.
    I think he means that the exterior design of the camera isn't stylish. While I wouldn't say that that the A series is stylish, it's also far from "ugly."

I think they could have done way better when it came to the size and look of the camera A625 and A610, it looks okay in the picture above, but in person its rather bulky for a "compact" camera. I think i care about the size of the camera more then the looks. I don't know for sure, but i think the other cameras in the A series are smaller, but they dont have the fold out LCD.
    Last edited by damien; 07-19-2006 at 03:53 PM.