0 0%
  • Are they worth fixing

0 0%
  • who whould take the time to fix them

0 0%

Thread: fix sd card

Unhappy fix sd card

hello out there,
    I am a first timer at this so here go's. Can anyone please please tell me how to fix a sd card that suddenly becomes a [UNSUPPORTTED sd card by the camera that formatted it. It is a SANDISK 1GB]
    I have formatted it before in the camera twice no probs. When i did it this time however it is now a unsupported sd card in ALL MY still cameras & vedio cam as well. I can load images from my pc via a card reader or go the other way no probs. In the camers if i select format it freezes the cameras.
    Thanks for reading this even if you cannot help.
    Dumxpert

Try the format utility from

http://www.sdcard.org/Downloads.aspx

Talking dumxpert

Hey Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I could not find anyone in AUSTRALIA with any clues so goes. Thanks again will let u know how things went.

kezzybear Guest

Thumbs up Thank you!!!!!

Hi there

I just wanted to say the biggest thank you to Sintares to posting that link on the format utility for SD cards.

I was at the end of my thread trying to get my SD card to work after formatting it in the camera.

Thanks to you I have space for 1700+!!! still images as opposed to 8!!!

Thanks again.

Kez

PhotoMan Guest

Thumbs up Major Thanks to Sintares!!

I had just recently formatted two of my SD Cards 512 MB, and 1 Gig on my computer!!!!! When I put back into my Minolta Dimage7 I showed XXX on bottom right side of screen and when I turned to preview the message read "unable to use card". I read the manual and had forgotten NOT to format with anything other than the camera or this would occurr and make the card(s) unreadable!!!!! You just saved me time, agrevation and not to mention a few bucks!!! Again Thankyou very much for posting the location of the software to fix this problem - I downloaded it and it worked perfectly restoring my SD cards to useable Status!!!