Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 3 of 515 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: Some S3 Pics

I am sorry XaiLo

Quote Originally Posted by XaiLo
    I don't know if this was in reference to JTL or myself.
    This wasn't really aimed at you, but at JTL. Fine photos by the way, you've done a fine job with the S3, and as I stated above, the S3 is a fine camera, very capable, and worthy of it's price. I just get very frustrated by people defending their purchases here, it becomes emotional. I bought a XXX therefore it's the greatest, it's a fact! I guess I get tired of people spitting out eroneous information as fact. Many of the statements made weren't fact, and were just opinion. I try to back my information up with review information from several sources. What got my hackles up the most was JTLs statement:
    Quote Originally Posted by JTL
    This whole thing about the S3 not being a worthy upgrade is such a lot of bunk! Sometimes I think people say things just to say them...reviewers included...
    Silly for me to not have included it in my post. A simple preface of IMO to that statement would have changed the whole tone of it. The reviewers have handled hundreds of cameras and they DO know what they are talking about, certainly more than me or JTL who has owned the camera for only a week. Hence the reason for the research. Unfortunately many come here and ask which camera should I buy? And far too often the answer is "mine, mine mine because of course, I would only buy the best!"
    The S3 is a fine camera and does everything the S2 does and a little more. There are many out there that may be on a budget and a camera that does 95% of what the S3 for $100 less may have a lot of appeal to them.
    A good photograph is knowing where to stand.
    Ansel Adams

Rule books are paper, they will not cushion a sudden meeting of stone and metal.
    Ernest K. Gann-Fate is the Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by TenD
    This wasn't really aimed at you, but at JTL. Fine photos by the way, you've done a fine job with the S3, and as I stated above, the S3 is a fine camera, very capable, and worthy of it's price. I just get very frustrated by people defending their purchases here, it becomes emotional. I bought a XXX therefore it's the greatest, it's a fact! I guess I get tired of people spitting out eroneous information as fact. Many of the statements made weren't fact, and were just opinion. I try to back my information up with review information from several sources. What got my hackles up the most was JTLs statement:

Silly for me to not have included it in my post. A simple preface of IMO to that statement would have changed the whole tone of it. The reviewers have handled hundreds of cameras and they DO know what they are talking about, certainly more than me or JTL who has owned the camera for only a week. Hence the reason for the research. Unfortunately many come here and ask which camera should I buy? And far too often the answer is "mine, mine mine because of course, I would only buy the best!"
    The S3 is a fine camera and does everything the S2 does and a little more. There are many out there that may be on a budget and a camera that does 95% of what the S3 for $100 less may have a lot of appeal to them.
    Sorry...IMO...
    Some Gear: Nikon D700; Nikkor AF-S 50 f/1.4 G; Nikkor AF-S 24-85 3.f/5-4.5 G ED; Tamron 28-300 f/3.5-6.3 VC; Nikon SB-800; Velbon Maxi-F; Canon Pixma Pro 9000; Canon S3IS, Canon SD500; Epson 4990; Epson P5000; Wacom Intuos 3

Main Software: Capture NX2; Adobe PhotoShop CS2; Corel Paintshop Pro X2 Ultimate

Sold: Canon XT/350D, EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS, EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro; EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5, Sigma 18-200 OS; Canon ET EF 25II; Kenko Pro 300 DG, Canon 430EX, Canon BG-E3.

Quote Originally Posted by JTL
    Sorry...IMO...
    ....Cute...
    A good photograph is knowing where to stand.
    Ansel Adams

Rule books are paper, they will not cushion a sudden meeting of stone and metal.
    Ernest K. Gann-Fate is the Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by TenD
    ....Cute...
    You forgot to say "IMO Cute"
    Some Gear: Nikon D700; Nikkor AF-S 50 f/1.4 G; Nikkor AF-S 24-85 3.f/5-4.5 G ED; Tamron 28-300 f/3.5-6.3 VC; Nikon SB-800; Velbon Maxi-F; Canon Pixma Pro 9000; Canon S3IS, Canon SD500; Epson 4990; Epson P5000; Wacom Intuos 3

Main Software: Capture NX2; Adobe PhotoShop CS2; Corel Paintshop Pro X2 Ultimate

Sold: Canon XT/350D, EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS, EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro; EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5, Sigma 18-200 OS; Canon ET EF 25II; Kenko Pro 300 DG, Canon 430EX, Canon BG-E3.

No Problem TenD, your quite right and where is the guy that hijacked my thread LOL. I have no problem recommending either, but in reality it boils down to the individual. It would probably be more helpful if they knew what they were going to do with it. But most of the time we operate in the world of the unknown it's hard to say x user will be open or closed to exploring x possibility for x situation, so therefore x is the correct answer. If that made any sense. Any way thanks for the compliment. I hope this x gets better LOL...
    I thought about who I am... and realized I was an
    unformed, unreconciled imagery, without "GOD"

NikonD?
    and some other Nikon stuff

0.0%

poor XaiLo his thread got hijacked.. really hijacked.. post some more pics taken wit ur nice S3 my friend. I'll add some tonight or tmrw =D

Mind if I throw in a couple S2 pics? I have been trying the AV settings with a small aperture (8.0). Messing with water....

Not trying to hijack....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Nikon D90 & D5100
    Nikon 18-105 VR
    Nikon 35mm f/1.8
    Nikon 50mm f/1.8
    Nikon 55-200 VR
    Nikon 70-300 VR
    f/8 and be there...
    My Flickr

Another, but both need some PP work...
    Nikon D90 & D5100
    Nikon 18-105 VR
    Nikon 35mm f/1.8
    Nikon 50mm f/1.8
    Nikon 55-200 VR
    Nikon 70-300 VR
    f/8 and be there...
    My Flickr

I can't seem to get the colors you guys do.... I need to learn more PP tricks...
    Nikon D90 & D5100
    Nikon 18-105 VR
    Nikon 35mm f/1.8
    Nikon 50mm f/1.8
    Nikon 55-200 VR
    Nikon 70-300 VR
    f/8 and be there...
    My Flickr

Some basic PP and Noiseware filtering... I need to practice...
    Nikon D90 & D5100
    Nikon 18-105 VR
    Nikon 35mm f/1.8
    Nikon 50mm f/1.8
    Nikon 55-200 VR
    Nikon 70-300 VR
    f/8 and be there...
    My Flickr