Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Focus Error on fuji s5600 HELP!!

Yesterday while i was shooting with my fuji 5600 the camera suddenly malfuctioned and now it is showing Focus error message. I didnt drop the camera nither did it go through any shock, it was very sudden and unexpected. Is there anybody who had this problem. Please help me. I dont have any fuji repair center over here in Bngladesh, so please give me some informations. Is it mechanical problem or software? The camera is only 7 months old.

davidmcw Guest

focus error

You must send camera to Fuji service center for repair. Info is on Fuji's site on the net.

I had the same problem with my S5600 too. It broke down after using it for only 4 months. It's really frustrating. I tried changing batteries and resetting the camera but it didn't work. I bought the camer from the UK, and I don't have international warranty support here in Egypt. The local Fuji repair center said it would cost about 260$ to fix, almost two thirds the price of a new S5600. Please tell me Pop if you have more information on the issue.

Fuji support sucks

Ohh, I have some updates on the issue. I had my camera fixed at Fujifilm dealer in Dubai. Unfortunately, Dubai technicians turned out to be by no means educated to fix a camera. They fixed the "focus error" message, but caused two other problems. The AF assist lamp doesn't work at all, and all the camera shots are blurred and out of focus. The result is that still after paying to fix it at an authorized Fujifilm dealer the camera is unusable.

This focus error message is never repaired

Another update. The camera malfunctioned again. It had the same problem again,that of a "focus error". It's a persistent error.

Hany,
    Have you spoke to Fuji about your issues? If it was "fixed" by an authorized dealer and it's still broke, shouldn't they make an attempt again? I haven't had to deal with Fuji support so I don't know what their customer service is like.

Chuck