Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arrow ** I still need WRIST STRAP opinions for my S2 **

I still haven't heard back from anyone regarding whether they use a wrist strap for my new S2 and what type and brand they might use. I'm ready to purchase one or two online, but I would love to have opinions first. Any thoughts?? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by GoodAsGold
    I still haven't heard back from anyone regarding whether they use a wrist strap for my new S2 and what type and brand they might use. I'm ready to purchase one or two online, but I would love to have opinions first. Any thoughts?? Thanks!
    I haven't tried this wrist strap personally, but every product that Lensmate sells is good. It's at the bottom of this page: http://www.lensmateonline.com/newsite/order_S2_1.html

Yeah, this strap is very good!!!!
    I love it...makes it very easily held and detaches in an instant without being cheap or weak!!
    I would definitely suggest it!

Arrow Thanks....

Thanks for your suggestion, but I forgot to mention I didn't want a strap with a detachment or quick-release feature. I don't plan on using more than this camera and I'm worried it might detach accidently. I went ahead and ordered this one in gray: http://www.prostrap.com/EconomyBelt/EconomyBelt.html I chose the economy strap because I heard that sometimes the metal buckle can scratch your camera. I also wanted a bit less leather or bulkiness. I chose the buckle strap type because I have enough room for it to attach to the S2. I'll let you know how I like it after it arrives!

Quote Originally Posted by AVITWeb
    Yeah, this strap is very good!!!!
    I love it...makes it very easily held and detaches in an instant without being cheap or weak!!
    I would definitely suggest it!

Smile I went ahead and ordered a couple of those Op/Tech straps

Well, I went to B&H's website and ordered three more wrist straps! When it rains, it pours! Sheesh. I'm in wrist strap frenzy here. I ordered the Op/Tech one without the quick disconnect and the Op/Tech model where it velcros around your wrist for added security. They only had the quick release with that one. I figure I can always use that on my SLR if need be. I have the OP/Tech neck strap for my Canon lle and it's comfortable. Lastly, I also ordered a little cheapie strap like the one I have on my A70. Why, I don't know! I guess it was so inexpensive, why not? :-) It's always good to have a spare, right?

Well, I went to B&H's website and ordered three more wrist straps! When it rains, it pours! Sheesh. I'm in wrist strap frenzy here. I ordered the Op/Tech one without the quick disconnect and the Op/Tech model where it velcros around your wrist for added security. They only had the quick release with that one. I figure I can always use that on my SLR if need be. I have the OP/Tech neck strap for my Canon lle and it's comfortable. Lastly, I also ordered a little cheapie strap like the one I have on my A70. Why, I don't know! I guess it was so inexpensive, why not? :-) It's always good to have a spare, right?
    What would really be helpful is if you could post your opinions of all of the different straps that you bought after you have a chance to evaluate them all. Thanks.

Thumbs up I definitely will post my reviews of wrist straps

You bet I will!

Quote Originally Posted by Skylark
    What would really be helpful is if you could post your opinions of all of the different straps that you bought after you have a chance to evaluate them all. Thanks.

I didn't like the huge neck strap that comes with the S2 so I reused the wrist strap off my A75
    Canon Powershot S2 (01.02.06)
    Canon Powershot A75 (deceased 12.31.06-Shutter button failure)
    Nikon Coolpix 3100 (deceased 07.15.04-Memory read failure)
    Sony Mavica FD81 (7yrs old and still works!)

Talking

I have the wrist strap on my A70, but since I'm keeping that camera, didn't want to use that one. I should be getting my "assortment" of wrist straps anyday now!

Quote Originally Posted by Import Power
    I didn't like the huge neck strap that comes with the S2 so I reused the wrist strap off my A75

I have the wrist strap on my A70, but since I'm keeping that camera, didn't want to use that one. I should be getting my "assortment" of wrist straps anyday now!
    Have your wrist straps shown up yet? Was waiting for your review before I ordered one for my S2.

Jim...