please help !! which cam should I buy..
* What budget have you allocated for buying this camera? Please be as specific as possible.
$200 - $300
* What size camera are you looking for? Or does size not matter at all to you?
How many megapixels will suffice for you? Between 3 and 5 MP
* What optical zoom will you need? (None, Standard = 3x-4x, Ultrazoom = 10x-12x)
5X / can't really decide.
* How important is “image quality” to you? (Rate using a scale of 1-10) 8
Do you care for manual controls?
I would like to get as clear images as possible
* What will you generally use the camera for? Kids pictures (inside the house mostly) and vacation pictures.
* Will you be making big prints of your photos or not? rarely.
Will you be shooting a lot of indoor photos or low light photos? Yes
Will you be shooting sports and/or action photos? No
Are there particular brands you like or hate? Like Canon, Nikon and Fuji.
Are there particular models you already have in mind?
Thinking about Canon SD450, Casio Exilim, Sony cybershot..
(If applicable) Do you need any of the following special features? (Wide Angle, Image Stabilization, Weatherproof, Hotshoe, Rotating LCD) - Not really, but will be good if I can have them.
It will be hard to find 5x zoom for < $300. But the Pana LZ3/LZ5 have 6x.
Good ones with 3x or 4x are:
Casio Z120, Z750
Nikon L2/L3 - maybe
Sony P200, W50