Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Fine!!! I Quit!!!

Alright...I just DO NOT have the time with a wife that isn't really keen on my new hobby, a 1 year old and a 3 year old to work on this Photogallery with FrontPage.

Where's that darn Smugmug coupon...i know i have it around here somwhere...OH there it is...THANKS Parm!!!
    UPS drivers should wear red and white like Santa!!

Quote Originally Posted by JMWallace
    Alright...I just DO NOT have the time with a wife that isn't really keen on my new hobby, a 1 year old and a 3 year old to work on this Photogallery with FrontPage.

Where's that darn Smugmug coupon...i know i have it around here somwhere...OH there it is...THANKS Parm!!!
    My pleasure sir!

Good luck and spend your time photographing the kids!
    Nikon D90 | Sigma 10-20 HSM | DX 18-105 f3.5-5.6 VR | DX 55-200 VR | 35 f/2.0 D | 50 f/1.4 D | 85mm F/1.8 D | SB-800 x 3 | SU-800
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Flickr | Twitter

JMWallace: so you ended up with the 28-135, 17-40, and 50 f1.8 huh? that's the exact same setup i started out with (not counting the 17-85 i returned). half a year later i ended up replacing the 28-135 with the 70-200 f4 - i wish i had started with the 70-200 from the beginning. that L is on a whole other level. just thought it might be worth considering if the 28-135 is still within return period. or maybe you need the 28-135 zoom range for the kids - a suggestion couldn't hurt, right?
    canon 17-40 L, 70-200 f2.8 L, 400 f5.6 L, 50 f1.4 & f1.8, 1.4x TC, sigma 15 f2.8 fisheye, flash 500 DG Super, kenko extension tubes

note to self: don't participate in sad, silly threads unless you're looking for sad, silly responses.

"anti-BS filter" (from andy): http://dcresource.com/forums/showpos...94&postcount=4

Quote Originally Posted by ReF
    JMWallace: so you ended up with the 28-135, 17-40, and 50 f1.8 huh? that's the exact same setup i started out with (not counting the 17-85 i returned). half a year later i ended up replacing the 28-135 with the 70-200 f4 - i wish i had started with the 70-200 from the beginning. that L is on a whole other level. just thought it might be worth considering if the 28-135 is still within return period. or maybe you need the 28-135 zoom range for the kids - a suggestion couldn't hurt, right?
    Interesting...Thanks for making me feel like I am doing something right!!!! I did look at the 70-200 f/4...I really want the f/2.8 IS. First of all I am a victim of the "I wants" that I try my best to temper with the "thats more than I needs". Example....getting the 30D instead of the 20D....over the 350D but really don't need the 5D. This whole lens thing is putting me into an A.D.D. spin!!! I also have to deal with a spouse that, like I said earlier, isn't real keen on my "new" hobby. I would have gotten the f/4, but that bright big thing would have stuck out like a sore thumb and ....OOPPS there goes another month of wedded "bliss" down the drain. I can at least hide the 28-135 in that is similiar in size to the 17-40.

So...for the time being, I will continue to save for the difference ($1,500+) in my "hidden" account. LEARN, LEARN, LEARN...earn some that extra $$ helping out my photographer friend...show her how good I can be...then get the lens. Maybe by the time I am ready to upgrade, I will have enough knowledge know if I "need" to spend the extra $1,200 for the 2.8 IS.

Anyway...yes, the 28-135 is largly because of the kids. Some of my favorite pictures that is was (rarely) able to capture with my G5 was when I just let life happen. Again...that is why I knew it was time to make the jump to D-SLR. My statement again, "A great picture is a moment in time...not 3 seconds later."

P.S. FINALLY got 'em loaded to smugmug...YIPPEE!!

One thing I have learned on here is that, photographers have GOT to be the biggest bunch of "altered truth tellers" to their spouses!!!
    UPS drivers should wear red and white like Santa!!