Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Thread: D50 vs 350D

Question D50 vs 350D

Would like to get my 1st DSLR but find it hard to choose between the D50 and the 350D. Any advise/personal experience would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,

Don't worry about the camera body. Both are good, can't really go wrong. See who has the lenses, flashes, accessories, etc. you would use or want the most.
    Jason
    http://www.jmodzikphoto.com
    Save $5 on Zenfolio using RKS-T9C-M8G
    Flickr
    D200 - Tokina 12-24 - Sigma 30/1.4 - 50/1.8 - 55/3.5 Ai Micro w/PK-13 - 70-300 VR - SB-600 - Gitzo GT2530 + Markins M10

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Jason25
    Don't worry about the camera body. Both are good, can't really go wrong. See who has the lenses, flashes, accessories, etc. you would use or want the most.

350D and D50 are almost priced identically, just want to have more flexibility in low light, do some action/sprots shots, nature/sceneries, and family stuff.
    As I say, I am a new entrant in the DSLR market. Is the 8MP vs 6MP going to make a huge difference?

Either camera will do just fine for any of that.

8mp vs 6 isn't really much of a difference. The 8 could help more for when you have to crop your images though.
    Jason
    http://www.jmodzikphoto.com
    Save $5 on Zenfolio using RKS-T9C-M8G
    Flickr
    D200 - Tokina 12-24 - Sigma 30/1.4 - 50/1.8 - 55/3.5 Ai Micro w/PK-13 - 70-300 VR - SB-600 - Gitzo GT2530 + Markins M10

Go take a hands on test drive of both the cameras and see which one you like better. I felt like the 350 seemed small and toy like in my hands, whereas the D50 felt better. The lens' are much more important than the camera body.

Talking Dont worry :D

You wont go wrong picking one or another camera, both are great cameras that deliver fantastic quality images, the difference is the size of the body the XT is small and the D50 is bigger, you should go to a mortar and brick photo store to try them out in your hand to see wich one is more comfortable in your hand (after all you will have the camera for a looooong time you have to pick up the one that is more comfy in your hand )

Both companies (canon and nikon) offer a wide range of accs and also are brands in wich you can grow to more pro bodies

Good luck