Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

sunpack 383 - reasonable price?

What is a reasonable price for a sunpack 383 flash that is used but in really good condition? I see them on ebay, but don't know how high I should bid...just lost an auction with two seconds left because someone out bid me

Thanks

Its all relative.. what are you willing to pay? Here is a tip, wait til there is 2 seconds left before hitting submit on your bid next time.. works everytime

I'm willing to pay whatever its worth; to me (an experimenting beginner) its just a flash that got great reviews, so its not like I have an emotional attachment to that specific model

How much did they go for new?

Thanks!

Gene
    http://grc225.zenfolio.com/
    http://imageevent.com/grc6
    one of these days I'll understand!

Panasonic FZ20 & FZ30,FZ18
    D50 -- D80

Quote Originally Posted by jcon
    Its all relative.. what are you willing to pay? Here is a tip, wait til there is 2 seconds left before hitting submit on your bid next time.. works everytime
    Just how do you do it. I tried and could not find an accurate down counter. My fiddling lost the auction as I was too late.

StanStan
    . StanStan

........... Old too soon, smart too late.
    Panasonic FZ18 TZ3... TCON 17+

Stan I am not sure how he does that... I keep 2 windows open one to watch and one to bid.....and just keep refreshing the watch window.

Gene
    http://grc225.zenfolio.com/
    http://imageevent.com/grc6
    one of these days I'll understand!

Panasonic FZ20 & FZ30,FZ18
    D50 -- D80

Stan, what I do, is I keep refreshing the page until there is about 25 seconds remaining, I then go to the enter bid page, while doing this I am doing a mental countdown of the final 25 seconds in my head, I wait to hit submit/confirm bid until about 2 to 5 seconds reamin on my mental clock. I have won over 50 auctions doing this. I suppose you could keep your computer clock open and use the second timer on there too as your waiting for the final 25 seconds.(Genes way would work too)

One more option, which I dont use often is when there is 20 seconds left, go place a bid, but enter a very high bid so that if you get out bid with a few seconds left, ebay will automatically increase up to your bid limit. I hope this helps and sheds some light on it. Just remember to add $.02 at the end of your bid, i.e $2.02

To the OP, I have seen the flash going for more than what retail is, I have seen it as high as $100. I really, really love mine and if I had to, I wouldnt mind paying $90 for it.
    Last edited by jcon; 03-30-2006 at 11:44 AM.

Gene's way of ebay sniping is how i do it. Open up two windows (or tabs for us mozilla fans) and get one window to the part where the next click places your bid. Then flip back to the other window or tab where you can see the auction. Hit refresh about 10 times a second till you have about 3 seconds left then quickly flip back over and click confirm bid or w/e. I win most auctions that way, provided my high bid isn't under someone elses high bid.

About the sunpack though, I paid 80 for mine from b&h and it's worth every last penny.
    The name is pronounced bonn-gee-bee
    Canon 1Ds Mark II
    Canon 20D + BG-E2
    Canon Elan 7e
    Canon 70-200 f/2.8L USM IS
    Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical [IF]
    Canon 50mm f/1.8
    Canon 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 USM
    Canon 135mm f/2.8 Soft Focus