Best Quality Pocket-Sized Camera?
I have a dilemma. I'm looking for the camera that will get me the best quality pictures and prints up to poster size, if possible. What I keep forgetting as I'm looking is that the main reason I'm replacing my Canon G2 is its size. What I really need is a camera that I can take with me everywhere in my pocket without it being plainly obvious that it's there. But everytime I start looking and reading reviews, my eyes keep being drawn to the Canon S80, which seems like it's too big to meet my requirements. What cameras would everyone suggest for someone in my position, where camera size is the primary factor, followed somewhat closely by picture quality?
Thanks for your help.
* What budget have you allocated for buying this camera? Please be as specific as possible.
* What size camera are you looking for? Or does size not matter at all to you?
As small as possible
How many megapixels will suffice for you?
I'd like 8 mp so I can blow pictures up fairly big in prints.
* What optical zoom will you need? (None, Standard = 3x-4x, Ultrazoom = 10x-12x, Other - Specify)
Standard will suffice.
* How important is “image quality” to you? (Rate using a scale of 1-10)
Do you care for manual controls?
* What will you generally use the camera for?
Snapshots and some arty photos
* Will you be making big prints of your photos or not?
Will you be shooting a lot of indoor photos or low light photos?
Will you be shooting sports and/or action photos?
Some - going to White Sox opening day. Not the primary usage, though.
Are there particular brands you like or hate?
Have a Canon G2, which I like.
Are there particular models you already have in mind?
Honestly, my head is spinning.
If you like the Canons, the SD550 seems to fit the bill quite well.