Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Looking for a good battery set up, for my S2..?

The Alkalines just aren't making the cut, what's a good battery set up, with a charger?

This one looks nice off of amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...Fencoding=UTF8

but what do you use?

I got 12 Energizer batteries and a $5 'overnight' (maybe 2 overnights ) charger. After recharging for too long, batteries last forever...around 600 pictures w/o flashing on.

I need to test a faster charger and check whether results are the same or not.

Wal-Mart - Energizer 2500MAh NiMH batteries (4) and wall charger - $17-18. Lasts forever - over 600 shots. Later if you need it, you can pick up another 4 cells for about $8-9.

Ciao!!
    Canon S2 w Raynox DCR1540PRO 1.54X Teleconverter
    Hoya UV, Hoya Polarizer on Lensmate Attachments
    Tamrac 5683 with Tamrac SAS Med Lens Case

Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim
    Wal-Mart - Energizer 2500MAh NiMH batteries (4) and wall charger - $17-18. Lasts forever - over 600 shots. Later if you need it, you can pick up another 4 cells for about $8-9.

Ciao!!
    NiMH are the best, if people found out energizer and duracell would go out of buisness. They are keeping them on the down low because they are so good. 2500mah! that is crazy power! i use to race R/C cars and this was the mah rating on the sub C cells at the time i stop racing. It is shocking these little AA put out the same rating.

I got the duracell 1 hour charger and 2300 then i got an 8 pack of 2500s. Im slowly throwing away all my alkalines and changing everything i own to NiMH they are that good!

Quote Originally Posted by Blascid
    The Alkalines just aren't making the cut, what's a good battery set up, with a charger?

This one looks nice off of amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...Fencoding=UTF8

but what do you use?
    I have the Energizer 15 minute charger. Works great with my S2.

I use DURACELL 2300 NIMH and works well for 500+ pictures.

All I had were some "no-name" 1800 NiMH and up to 450 shots so far. The Canon alkaline AAs were a waste of box space and only added to the shipping weight.