Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 51 of 71 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmares
    Hi Mystro544

do you have a link to the photos. I would really like to see them, as I am not to happy with Panasonics results
    Hi Dennis,some of John Reeds photos are in this thread:

http://www.dcresource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19115

Mov files on other systems

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie F
    Last weekend I attended a 50th birthday party and gave my camera a real run for the money with the video feature. The videos came out great and were pretty long. I Filled up my SD card which is 1 gig. Anyway, last night I went to make a dvd to give to the birthday boy as a gift, and ran into some road blocks. The files are MOV and not compatable with dvd burning software. My son in-law who was trying to burn the dvd finally downloaded a conversion program, but the dvd somehow only created portions of my movies. Tons of footage was missing.

I also noticed today, that my videos won't play in windows media player which is what I have here at work. I have Quick Time at home, but not here at work.

Since a few people have actually posted videos on this thread that I can see, I'd really appreciate some help both on viewing tz1 movie files on a computer and also help in the making of dvd's.

Thanks in advance to all in the know.
    Debbie

Hi Debbie

there are a few problems you have to overcome - but nothing difficult

1) So that a movie file can be played in a DVD special conventions have to be met. It is not only converting the files but also the file structure of the CD/DVD has to meet the standard.

2) *.mov files are Apple format - though a Microsoft Company - this format is not supported by the Windows Media Player. You have two possibilities - one to convert the file to e.g . *. wmv or install the Quicktime player on the PC

3) Software:
    From my point of view the best and easiest software is offered by Magix. ( www.magix.com) . It is called here in Germany "Film and Video on CD/DVD 5.0". It is a easy to use tool, not to expensive ( about € 30.-) and not only converts the movie files to any kind of other file ( e.g. avi, mpeg, wmv etc...) but you can create very easily CD and DVD´s.

Buy the version and download the latest updates. Alas there is one bug in this program: If you have a lightscribe writer, after installing Magix it wont work anymore. You have to go into windows registry and reset one value and then everything works again. Nevertheless I can only emphasize this program (Magix has excellent programs!) easy to use and excellent results.

Cheers
    Dennis
    Last edited by Dmares; 05-10-2006 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mystro544
    Hi Dennis,some of John Reeds photos are in this thread:

http://www.dcresource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19115
    Hi Mystro544

Thanks for the link. The Photos are good but I am missing the "depth" and the brilliance. It seems that Lumix has definitely a slight problem with green and blue. No matter how the camera settings are (Vivid or natural) one of the colors is over/under saturated.
    Right now I do not see a possibility to get brilliant and sharp (Vivid) pictures, without having a "headache" green lawn :-)

Cheers
    Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by Dmares
    The Photos are good but I am missing the "depth" and the brilliance. It seems that Lumix has definitely a slight problem with green and blue. No matter how the camera settings are (Vivid or natural) one of the colors is over/under saturated.
    Right now I do not see a possibility to get brilliant and sharp (Vivid) pictures, without having a "headache" green lawn :-)
    You know what Dennis, I reckon we should stick with this camera and not take pictures that have green or blue in.... then we should get results like Doug's and John's.
    Steve

Canon S3is for Manual Stuff
    Panasonic TZ1 in BLUE
    Fuji S9500(S900) Sold a dud and returned it!!
    Canon S2is (since 25/12/05) Went back!!
    Canon Powrshot S30 (since Dec 2002)

Debbie, I've got a cheaper way MOV --> DVD

Hi Debbie,

I use a free program called MP4cam2AVI (what's in a name).
    It works very easily and also converts .MOV to AVI.

After that you can start up your burning program (for instance Nero) which will probably read the AVI's and converts them automatically to DVD-files.

Good luck!

gilly44 Guest

converting .MOV to AVI

Hi Debbie,
    I use a free tool available at www.radgametools.com
    go to the Bink page which is on the left. Down download the 1.2mb file.
    Easy to use. Once converted to AVI you can use your movie in media player and then put it in movie maker and make a DVD. I have magix 2.0 a bit flaky but it works just fine as well. You can put the .MOV straight into that and make a SVCD or VCD
    Hope this is of some help
    Cheers
    gilly44

Question Not take Green or Blue?

Quote Originally Posted by adamsfamily
    You know what Dennis, I reckon we should stick with this camera and not take pictures that have green or blue in.... then we should get results like Doug's and John's.
    I dunno. Here's a 3-section panorama I took this weekend with a lotta green and blue. See any problems?

I used the software that comes with the camera, Panorama Maker 3.5, to do the stitching. What's the issue with green and blue?
    Let a be your umbrella!

Color problem

Quote Originally Posted by John_Reed
    I dunno. Here's a 3-section panorama I took this weekend with a lotta green and blue. See any problems?

I used the software that comes with the camera, Panorama Maker 3.5, to do the stitching. What's the issue with green and blue?
    Hi John,

thanks for the photo. Would you please be so kind and let me know the settings of your camera regarding color and picture ( e.g. Natural, color cool etc...)

The problem with the color is, depending on cameras settings you either get a strong blue or a strong green.

If you go to http://www.dmares.myphotoalbum.com/ and into the folder Photos and Movies TZ1 and have a look at the picture 1010055 you will see that the grass is extremly green ( Mode : Vivid). Vivid results in sharp pictures but the color green is not natural.On the other hand the color blue is very "painted" ( see picture 1010040) but definitely not the blue as it really is.

Cheers
    Dennis

Question EXIF data for the Panorama...

With the Tizzy being a "point & shoot," readings vary for each of the 3 frames, but here's the EXIF data for the middle panel:

Shutter speed: 1/1000
    Aperture: f3.2
    Exposure bias: -1/3 EV
    Normal Program mode
    Focal length = 6.4mm (~43mm equivalent)
    Center-weighted average metering
    ISO 80.

As for most of my shots, I shot in "Natural" mode. To my eyeball, the colors look like the colors I was seeing without the camera, from blue sky to green vines and trees.
    Let a be your umbrella!

What can I say, impressive shot(s) John, and what a fantastic Panorama!!!

You certainly don't appear to be suffering the issue I'm having (and Dennis) as your Blue is true and your Green is mean!!!

I'm in the middle of swapping rooms around in the House at the moment so i can't post anything up asd the internet is not usable (more expense as I have to go Wireless now) so I'm relying on work PC to keep in touch!!!

I may see if I can get the camera hooked up here and post a couple of my examples up.

There is also the possibility we could both have faulty cameras?? Theres a thought!
    Steve

Canon S3is for Manual Stuff
    Panasonic TZ1 in BLUE
    Fuji S9500(S900) Sold a dud and returned it!!
    Canon S2is (since 25/12/05) Went back!!
    Canon Powrshot S30 (since Dec 2002)